Howard Jealous of Rush limbaugh?

Jgatie

Banned
Oct 14, 2008
To be jealous, he'd actually have to care about his show. It's so obvious that he's semi-retired now, he couldn't care less about radio. He only cares about his trophy wife, the NSAL and his Hampton's mansion.

Right? ;)

Neigh

Oct 16, 2008
New Jersey
I don't think Howard is jealous of any of these right wing blow hards for one second...If Limbough were successful as a humorist rather than a sarcastic political hate monger, Howard might have some jealously.... I do believe that Howard is jealous of Ryan Seacrest... which is illogical since Seacrest doesn't compete Howard

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
I dont' think Howard is jealous of Rush but I think Rush really annoys Howard because Howard views Rush as having no talent and being just really annoying and it perplexes Howard as to why anyone could listen to his show.

Politics aside, Rush is really annoying. his voice is annoyine,

Jgatie

Banned
Oct 14, 2008
I dont' think Howard is jealous of Rush but I think Rush really annoys Howard because Howard views Rush as having no talent and being just really annoying and it perplexes Howard as to why anyone could listen to his show.

Politics aside, Rush is really annoying. his voice is annoyine,

Exactly (and you can say the exact same thing about Seacrest).

Neigh

Oct 16, 2008
New Jersey
Exactly (and you can say the exact same thing about Seacrest).

I can't read Howard's mind but there is a difference in the way he rants about Limbough and Seacrest. When he rants about Limbough he really doesn't rant... he sounds logical... he explains it in terms of Limbough's audience... But when he rants about Seacrest it sounds like sour grapes.. Seacrest is successful for a reason... he doesn't sing or dance... he hosts and he has thousands of host competitors... He is doing something right and Howard will not concede one ounce of talent... Same with Leno... he has done something right to hang around so long and prevail in his slot... Howard will not concede that...

Jgatie

Banned
Oct 14, 2008
I can't read Howard's mind but there is a difference in the way he rants about Limbough and Seacrest. When he rants about Limbough he really doesn't rant... he sounds logical... he explains it in terms of Limbough's audience... But when he rants about Seacrest it sounds like sour grapes.. Seacrest is successful for a reason... he doesn't sing or dance... he hosts and he has thousands of host competitors... He is doing something right and Howard will not concede one ounce of talent... Same with Leno... he has done something right to hang around so long and prevail in his slot... Howard will not concede that...

Sorry man, but you are not going to get me in a discussion over the relative talents of Ryan Seacrest vs. Howard Stern. No good can come from that exercise. Try an American Idol forum, I'm sure the 13 year old girls would love to rap for hours about it.

beaniemac

Dec 12, 2008
Chi-Town (South Side)
howard makes more than rush limbaugh. but im sure howard is jealous of rush's audience size, and the #1 ranking in talkers im sure pissed him off as well.

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
howard makes more than rush limbaugh. but im sure howard is jealous of rush's audience size, and the #1 ranking in talkers im sure pissed him off as well.

I don't see why it would. They're not broadcasting over the same medium. The ratings are apples and oranges.

Jgatie

Banned
Oct 14, 2008
People have been using the "Howard's gotta be jealous of XYZ's audience size" talking points for 3 years now, all the way back to DLR. There has been no sign of it, IMHO. He's had numerous chances to go back to FM, and if he was really driven by audience size, he'd have done it by now. The only thing I've heard him say about audience size is he knew his audience would be smaller when he decided to go to sat radio, and the tongue in cheek complaint about his cheap FM audience not all coming with him to sat radio.

VinnyM27

Oct 14, 2008
The only thing Howard might be jealous of is the attention Rush is getting lately...but if the only thing you do outside of the show is Letterman once a year and than you refuse to do that....what the fuck do you expect?