Howard crying about Rosie

Die_LaMattres

Oct 13, 2008
LOL @ Howard whining about not being tapped for the role of promoting Rosie's upcoming Sirius show.

The press made the announcement TODAY, Howard. Sirius might have had you hype the show for the next few weeks, except after today......you're on vacation......again......for two weeks. Were you going to give it everything you have.....for one day? Hahahahaha....

Perhaps management knows you haven't been willing to do shows to promote their failing company. Hell, you can't even let them put your show on the Iphone app unless you get more marbles. What a team player.

The last time you endlessly promoted your OWN Sirius show, you promised a Revolution that included "some" Fridays off, THREE channels filled with radio's top talent, several notebooks filled with many great ideas, and the promise of doing shows at all hours of the day or night......along with a trip across America to promote the move. So far, that caravan across the US that was destined to depart each town leaving a trail of really dark hair dye behind has yet to leave the port. Any day now...... LOL.

Maybe Sirius management felt the public wouldn't believe you, so they are having Rosie do the promotion herself.

Ooooooh, Howard is angry at his com.....I mean the company he works for. Pretty weak vacation cliffhanger this time around.

JoeTan

Oct 14, 2008
This was the funniest ever!

All we are is dust in the wind.

JMU Alum 07

Nov 12, 2008
I'm pretty sure a little bit of market research on the part of Sirius would have told them that 0.0% of Howard's audience would be interested in listening to a Rosie show on a Stern channel.

However, I'm sure Howard - being the genius that he is - thought that through.

MAJ Badmotherfarker

is drinking a beer.
Oct 11, 2008
Washington D.C.
Howard is right on this one...

Can you imagine the publicity if he would have gone onto something like "The View" with a "big announcement" and then brought out Rosie?? The audience would have lost it and that would have been EVERYWHERE on Youtube and in the media. It was a terribly wasted opportunity for advertisement.

joe2k4

Nov 12, 2008
I agree with you lately Howard does nothing but put the company down. Why didn't this company give you a hell of a contract and make you there spokesman? Whatever!

Die_LaMattres

Oct 13, 2008
Why didn't this company give you a hell of a contract and make you there spokesman? Whatever!

If your question was addressed to me, here's my twofold response:

1) Even though the company puts out some good programming, I could not lie to people like Howard and Mel do, trying to dupe potential customers. So far their CEO's promises of "no price increase" post merger falls flat in a few weeks when the 33% increase per monthly subscription takes effect. Mel's sincerity is as fake as his teeth. Despite Hamptons theories to the contrary, money isn't everything.

2) Speaking of money, how would Sirius pay their new spokesperson? Would I have to wait until they get bailed out again to get a check? LOL

Ehilbert1

Ooh-Rah!!!!
Oct 13, 2008
Columbus, OH
Howard is right on this one...

Can you imagine the publicity if he would have gone onto something like "The View" with a "big announcement" and then brought out Rosie?? The audience would have lost it and that would have been EVERYWHERE on Youtube and in the media. It was a terribly wasted opportunity for advertisement.

Sirius only advertises to its subscribers. We always have the big fathers day push. Then the Christmas push. I think Sirius decided that they only want secondary subscriptions from subcribers. Not to mention we haven't heard anything about any new radios. New radios usualy mean lots more secondary subscriptions.

Ok enough of that. Your right though that would have been great advertisement,but as Die mentioned Howard is on vacation. We all know he will not do one bit of publicity on his vacations. Thats ok too because I wouldn't either.

Die..... after I read that I about fell out of my chair laughing. You really need to call in and say all that shit. I doubt you would get through unless you say its about Howard TV,Beth or the popular NSAL. Give it a shot man.

geosync

Oct 13, 2008
Portland, Or
Yup, another blown attempt at some good press. Howard may not have gone out on a 50 state tour touting the service, or Rosie coming to satellite, but management might have asked his opinion on how to roll it out better.

Chob

Oct 11, 2008
Albany, NY
www.kingbubba.com
Sirius only advertises to its subscribers.
We have a winner.

Seriously, I'm listening now and can't believe what I'm hearing. Howard bitching about not being "an integral part" of Sirius when he balks at any opportunity to promote the company. The going after management shtick is absurd in this state of his career. Especially when he's treated better than he's ever been with his big ass paycheck and lighter work schedule. What indication did Sirius XM execs have that Howard would be willing to go out and promote this? Howard's attitude lately surely wouldn't give off that vibe.

Although I do agree with Howard on some points regarding Sirius XM's advertising strategy.

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
Howard's still on Sirius? Wha?

I wonder how much Rosie is getting paid? Whatever it is, it's too much - I wouldn't listen that lesbo cow on free radio.

v1ru5

Oct 24, 2008
Harrisburg PA.
Howard is 100% right this time. Once again so far the only people to hear this are current subscribers. Do your thang Sirius.

v1ru5

Oct 24, 2008
Harrisburg PA.
Howard is 100% right this time. Once again so far the only people to hear this are current subscribers. Do your thang Sirius.

Last edited:

Grüpsaar

DRC Forum Bum
Oct 11, 2008
Anytown, WI
www.youtube.com
Wow, this segment with him being angry about it was pretty good, and I think he had a good point.

Good to hear him on fire a little bit. Anger towards the company he works for has always=good radio, and it's good to see the honeymoon is finally over with Howard and Sirius.

joe2k4

Nov 12, 2008
Doesn't he bitch constantly when he has to do Dave for the company? Why should they ask him to do this!

VinnyM27

Oct 14, 2008
LOL @ Howard whining about not being tapped for the role of promoting Rosie's upcoming Sirius show.

The press made the announcement TODAY, Howard. Sirius might have had you hype the show for the next few weeks, except after today......you're on vacation......again......for two weeks. Were you going to give it everything you have.....for one day? Hahahahaha....

Perhaps management knows you haven't been willing to do shows to promote their failing company. Hell, you can't even let them put your show on the Iphone app unless you get more marbles. What a team player.

The last time you endlessly promoted your OWN Sirius show, you promised a Revolution that included "some" Fridays off, THREE channels filled with radio's top talent, several notebooks filled with many great ideas, and the promise of doing shows at all hours of the day or night......along with a trip across America to promote the move. So far, that caravan across the US that was destined to depart each town leaving a trail of really dark hair dye behind has yet to leave the port. Any day now...... LOL.

Maybe Sirius management felt the public wouldn't believe you, so they are having Rosie do the promotion herself.

Ooooooh, Howard is angry at his com.....I mean the company he works for. Pretty weak vacation cliffhanger this time around.

I'm listening to right now. Wonder if this was the thing that pissed off Howard so much.

While Howard has a valid point about the buzz, that's about all his has.

They should have much better points on Howard, including:

-work ethic (diminishing as time goes on...so he wanted to be a partner, but wouldn't work Fridays than either?)

-unwillingness to promote the show outside of the show (Letterman's producer and Howard's agent convinced him to finally do the show....not Sirius!)

-lack of interest in programming on his channels (Best of the week....Really?)

Than again, there could be the argument that Howard's work ethic has gone down as a result of Sirius, but if so he's sure been holding on to a grudge for a while.

Would it be considered irony that Howard's refusal to go on Letterman in order to promote Sirius cost him this vision of going on Letterman with Rosie to promote Sirius? Or just hypocritical for him to make that argument since before he thought an appearance on a Letterman did not get subscribers?

Last edited: