Howard Channels Will Broadcast To All XM Non Best Of SIRIUS Subs on 5/18/09

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
The DJ on Hair Nation said this tonight. Yes, for all XM subscribers not getting Best Of XM. That is all the details I heard. :idunno:

Grüpsaar

DRC Forum Bum
Oct 11, 2008
Anytown, WI
www.youtube.com
Why? And how? If so, what is the Sirius side getting for free from XM? I am subbed to the BOXM now, and only for the occasional O&A listening (more and more these days, if I am all caught up on Stern) and will I get 197 free then? If so, I'd easily drop the BOXM package the next time it comes to renew. Thats the only reason I get it, and even then it's tough to do.

If this is true, I can see the move. Howard sterns Channels are kind of the biggest draw on that package and they might see it as a bit of a help to get XM subs back up by adding it to the regular lineup to instantly grow Sterns audience the rest of the way so that way when they say they have x amount subs between siri and XM combined, they can also say ALL of those subs have stern, and stern has potentially that many more listeners, rather than having to pick through which ones may or may not have Best of Sirius, etc. It makes things easier. Maybe they will save the best of packages for sports only and make all talk content on one service now, since its all in the same buidling, for the most part?

Chob

Oct 11, 2008
Albany, NY
www.kingbubba.com
Cool. I've been a major advocate for this all along. I didn't think it was right to charge more for the Howard channels/Virus. Since it's in house talk content, and not a sports league they have to work out a contract with, it makes the most sense. Hopefully It'll be the same for Ron and Fez soon.

almaniac27

Nov 12, 2008
Kent, Ohio
I have the Best of Sirius now because I switched to XM but still listen to Howard. Now the only reason to get the BOS is the NFL, so what I'll probably do is cancel the package and only add it back when football season starts.

Goodeye

Oct 16, 2008
Arizona
True its not a big deal but I can see where XM/Sirius is going with this. They hope a bunch more than are on the verge of trying to get BOSirius that this will convince them to do it.

Would be nice if Sirius did a free week of XM exlusive stuff. How bought baseball games free for a week..... No scratch that then we would all be really ticked when it was gone...... Bad Idea!

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Remember, the XM radios and Sirius radios use different technology.

To put 197/202 on Sirius radios for free would require Sirius engineers actually doing their job and sending out a signal to activate, then sending out another signal to deactivate.

Keep in mind, Sirius subscribers still see Cinemagic and Pop2K mapped on their radios.

Grüpsaar

DRC Forum Bum
Oct 11, 2008
Anytown, WI
www.youtube.com
Yeah, I doubt we will see a XM version of this on Sirius. Too much trouble for Sirius radios, and Sirius doesnt like pushing any XM stuff it seems, as sad as it is. Howard even suggested that he was the one who told Sirius to offer the show for free on XM's side, and they didn't like the diea at first. But since it was coming from him, they probably came to this agreement. Howard is aching to reach as many people as possible, you can tell, and he wants to get all the XM people on his side too. Maybe this will inspire some real good radio next week for his extended audience. That is, if he's that into grabbing as many listeners as he says he is.

tsave31

Dec 16, 2008
I'm eager to see who his guests are for next week. I hope Gary has nice offering. Should be a good week.

Bark

Hey Now!
Oct 15, 2008
Frederick, MD
They should share all of the channels for free. Drop MLB completely if they are giving them a hard time. The situation that baseball is in, the MLB should be thankful that there are some people who still want to listen to games.

almaniac27

Nov 12, 2008
Kent, Ohio
Am I the only one here who is an XM sub? I feel it is the best choice for sports and talk fans because of baseball and XM's greater choice in talk programming.

Ehilbert1

Ooh-Rah!!!!
Oct 13, 2008
Columbus, OH
Why do we need to hear about it on the Stern Show? We're already listening. It seems like all too often Sirius advertising is like preaching to the choir.

I agree. It's like their advertising is ass backwards. Then you have Tim S acting like Twitter will bring in thousands of new subscribers. What that asshole forgets is that the people following Twitter ALREADY HAVE SIRIUS. He has no idea what he's doing. He hears someone elses idea and then runs with it. Sirius really needs to get better at advertising. How about some new radios????? Anyway if a free week gets more XM people to get BOS then great.

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
Its probabaly mentioned on the show so it can get around by word of mouth. Shit, we're discussing it on here for 3 pages now so it must be working in some respect ;)