Howard and Susan Boyle

Grüpsaar

DRC Forum Bum
Oct 11, 2008
Anytown, WI
www.youtube.com
He did mentioned it. I forgot who suggested an interview, but Howard said "oh yeah, sure. Book her right away Gary" In a sarcastic sort of tone, I think. Robin didn't pick up on that and said something like "yeah! That would be great!" and then Howard continued "Yeah, that would be something. I'm sure it'd be really gripping for radio. the audience would be amazed. what would I talk to her about? yeah right".

It's sad, since I think it would be interesting, but only if Howard was interested in it. He is out of touch with what is popular and what people want to hear sometimes, and if it isn't a hot chick or movie star, he doesn't see the point.

ProperModulation

Green Type of Tube
Oct 11, 2008
California
...and then we could read all the threads about how all he can get are youtube celebrities and that the interview was super boring...

I think one of the great things about the show is that Susan Boyle has the same chances of being a classic interview as any A-list celeb. I'd like to hear her on the show on the off chance that she could be another classic personality like Tiny Tim.

Grüpsaar

DRC Forum Bum
Oct 11, 2008
Anytown, WI
www.youtube.com
I agree. Aside from pleasing and pissing off the different 'fans' of the show, I think she has potential to be a good guest, but she might just be too awkard and uptight. The awkard part might make for a funny interview, but it also might just fizzle.

TheScionicMan

Last non-Hating Stern Fan
Oct 11, 2008
No thanks... Not relevant. Why not have that gray haired taylor dude on from last year or whenever that was, while we're at it. He's doing gay musicals last I saw...

rickster53

Oct 16, 2008
Syracuse,NY
God, I hope they don't book her. I'm sick of the overexposure that this one-note story has gotten and don't think that anything interesting would come out of her appearing on the show.

almaniac27

Nov 12, 2008
Kent, Ohio
The only good thing that could come of having Boyle on the show would be if she said something revealing and brought some publicity to Howard's show and Sirius XM. Nowadays that seems to be the only thing that gets Howard in the news anymore. He's allowed to say outrageous things now, so that isn't newsworthy. Only if a famous or at least semi-famous guest says something crazy will Howard get publicity. Howard should realize this, unless as several of you say on here, he just doesn't care.

Jgatie

Banned
Oct 14, 2008
By the way, I doubt Susan Boyle's newly aquired handlers are going to be taking their virginal spinster with the voice of an angel and slapping her on the Stern show. It's going to be pure pap for this cash cow, any appearance with the hint of a risk won't even be considered.

robhurlburt

Oct 15, 2008
P.S. Watching a meltdown here is fun. :D

I am glad i have ...... and .......... well, we all know who we all have on ignore :flex: IMHO the only 2 people who need to be banned, NOT the people they harrass

I personally would listen to the susan boyle interview, but honestly, i wouldn't expect much out of it. the woman is plastered all over every news outlet, not sure if there is much to find out about her

Bark

Hey Now!
Oct 15, 2008
Frederick, MD
I am glad i have ...... and .......... well, we all know who we all have on ignore :flex: IMHO the only 2 people who need to be banned, NOT the people they harrass

I personally would listen to the susan boyle interview, but honestly, i wouldn't expect much out of it. the woman is plastered all over every news outlet, not sure if there is much to find out about her

Harassment is physical and/or emotional abuse, not internet postings, especially when that ignore feature you mentioned is readily available. No need to ban anyone.

Susan Boyle should just ignore the insults flung her way and pay them no mind. WGAS? WGAF?

Reactions: Jgatie

TheScionicMan

Last non-Hating Stern Fan
Oct 11, 2008
Yeah, I'm the bad guy on a Stern forum cuz I like the Stern Show. Go figure...

:party:

I wonder what you guys won't like about tomorrow's show? Just kidding, I could give 2 shits... But you'll still be listening...

Sirius Rich

Oct 11, 2008
Houston
Well maybe Sirius should just have a YouTube channel to interview the latest greatest hottest on the net. Just a thought.

VinnyM27

Oct 14, 2008
It probably would be a good interview but for some reason I think Howard limits himself because he feels the need to always get into graphic sex talk. I'm not saying interview Christians, but I'm sure he can do an interview without asking "What about anal?"

I'm sounding as crazy and Robin.....she'll never do the show!