How was Bubbapalooza Detroit?

MM

Administrator
Oct 9, 2008
New England
Since I missed the show in my hometown, I want to hear how the show was.

Let us know and post some pics if you have any. :)

jef

Power Pig, Hello!
Oct 12, 2008
It was pretty awesome! I had the nosebleed seats, and my small digicam doesn't have a great zoom, so no pix :( The highlight of the night was meeting Tom Taylor at the TSS Radio table ;)

I'll add some details later. Don't have time now to write anything up before I have to head out on some errands. I'm sure that there were others there that can also jump in. The nosebleeds weren't sold out, but there was a pretty good crowd there.

jef

Power Pig, Hello!
Oct 12, 2008
So, just to expand on things in case anyone is curious for any upcoming Bubbapaloozas (I think there is one more in December). I'm not sure I am capable of giving a linear rundown, so please bear with me as things may not have happened in the order presented.

The show started with Spice MC'ing and doing a bit of standup and goofing around. Bubba took over the MC duties after the intermission. They shared some stories and such between various performances.

Spice (who also had 25 Cent on stage for a bit, holding a double-sided sign that said Clap Niggas/Clap Crackas.) Spice did a bit of a riff on Bubba choosing food over Heather (and also not finishing inside of her) - he got her to come up on stage - she looked great, even from the cheap seats.

Manson did a few of his songs throughout the show, including Bringing Fatass Back, and the Nascar sucks song. At one point he spent some time talking about the show, doing a few voices including The Ferret, GWBush, McCain, and of course, King Bubba. "They will be wearing Bubba Army shirts, yes, and they will *pay* me for them." or something like that... funny stuff.

Bubba came out, gave some props to Howard, and to the crowd for believing in him and his show. He talked a bit about how he's still not certain where the contract talks are going to go, but he appreciated all of the support - even from the Canadian folks in the audience. His family was there, including his Janie-cakes and Tara.

Brent did some spoken word, explaining how legalizing some things that currently aren't could solve the country's financial situation. :) He mentioned a bit about the military, and his support of the guys despite hating the war. He also gave some props to Henry Rollins as being his inspiration, and mentioned Henry was doing a date soon at the same theater. (I'll be there, as I never miss a change to see Hank when he comes to town.)

Deuce Niggero had a few minutes behind the mic - griped about how he probably has the shitties situation of anyone there - except now for Tom the Treeman, who has thankfully taken over as the object of Bubba's wrath.

Hamill did a few songs, including one with B-Fudd who was dressed up in some Elvis getup. He also brought Heather up on stage to present her with some "gifts", supposedly from Spice. The tunes were pretty funny, and overall, I thought he did a good job

Miller came out and did a few minutes of stand-up. He was wearing a T-shirt that said "Tier 3 Comedian". He may have been being genrous with that ranking, but he wasn't awful.

Bubba then came out with TTT and gave him a good whacking with the wiffleball bat - serious welts that you could see up in the nosebleeds. Next came the new shock whatsit thing, using TTT as the target. Lights were brought down and you could see the sparks. Looked and sounded painful. (but I still laughed a bit - sorry Tom)

Ned finally came out and did his set, and was clearly pilled up. At one point he forgot a few lyrics in the Acid on the Tongue song. No one seemed to care, really, since Ned certainly didn't give a shit :D For some reason, it was really dark during Ned's set, and the spotlight seemed to be out. K5, baby. But a few dudes in front of me left during Ned's set griping that it being dark was "bullshit".

Overall, my wife and I had a great time. Sure, some of it was a bit silly and maybe not polished, but both of us enjoyed ourselves. She listens only casually, but enough to "get" the show - and she was laughing as loud as I was at a lot of things. We both thought it was a great time, and had a lot of fun.

Davis

Oct 10, 2008
Ned finally came out and did his set, and was clearly pilled up. At one point he forgot a few lyrics in the Acid on the Tongue song. No one seemed to care, really, since Ned certainly didn't give a shit :D For some reason, it was really dark during Ned's set, and the spotlight seemed to be out. K5, baby. But a few dudes in front of me left during Ned's set griping that it being dark was "bullshit".

That is so you can't see the poor job Manson does at acting. If you sit upfront (I was in AC) you can clearly see that the moves are 100% the same as Manson's and his body type is 100% the same. My guess is the darkness is to add to the allure.

Don't get me wrong, I love the Ned character but they have to know that the facade is see-through. If so then they should "act it up" and make a mockery out of it; that would be funnier, IMO.

Last edited:

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
It was good to meet you Jef. I had a lot of fun. The Detroit experience was great. The show has been getting better and better since I first saw it in Merrillville. The fans at the Fillmore were great. The theater was awesome. I just worry that Tara has too many guys getting "too fresh" with here :(

I will post more later.

jef

Power Pig, Hello!
Oct 12, 2008
It was good to meet you Jef. I had a lot of fun. The Detroit experience was great. The show has been getting better and better since I first saw it in Merrillville. The fans at the Fillmore were great. The theater was awesome. I just worry that Tara has too many guys getting "too fresh" with here :(

I will post more later.

Yeah, it was cool to be able to put a face to the name. Seemed like the folks were keeping you busy saying hi, and getting tech support :) If you ever head back up this way, gimme a shout - I'll buy ya some lunch.

The Fillmore seems to be a much nicer place than it was when I was last there. I think Live Nation has been putting some money into the place, and trying to get some bigger names in. It's funny - I haven't been interested in too many shows there in quite some time, but all of a sudden this month I will be there 3 times in 8 days. (Most of the bands I tend to see play at places like Harpos, an awful heavy metal dive, but one of the few places that seems willing to have that kind of show.) It's a bit of a tight squeeze on the knees up in the cheap seats - I guess Americans were thinner AND shorter back in the 20's when the joint was built :)

As for Tara, even my wife mentioned from up in our seats when we saw them all coming in and sitting dow - "Geez, look at the tits" - before we really knew that it was her. I can imagine that it's a hazard for her, and even more so when someone starts to think "Hey, I should try to nail Bubba's sister!"

I listened a bit to Bubba today while at work and heard people mentioning the hecklers - some of them were onoxious, but most of them shut up or passed out fairly early, thankfully.

Oh, don't know if anyone caught the caller today talking about getting into a fight about someone calling his girl a cunt -- I saw these guys arguing up by the balcony on the Mezzanine as we were leaving and I was waiting for my wife to come out of the ladies room. If I read the situation correctly, the guy who called probably cleaned the other guy's clock because the other dude could barely stand still or talk without slurring. I wanted to hang around to see what happened, but the wife came out and dragged me out to the car. :no:

Anyhow, to anyone thinking about a Bubbapalooza, go for it - it's a good time!

MM

Administrator
Oct 9, 2008
New England
The Fillmore seems to be a much nicer place than it was when I was last there. I think Live Nation has been putting some money into the place, and trying to get some bigger names in. It's funny - I haven't been interested in too many shows there in quite some time, but all of a sudden this month I will be there 3 times in 8 days. (Most of the bands I tend to see play at places like Harpos, an awful heavy metal dive, but one of the few places that seems willing to have that kind of show.) It's a bit of a tight squeeze on the knees up in the cheap seats - I guess Americans were thinner AND shorter back in the 20's when the joint was built :)

The last time I was there it still was the State Theatre. I have not live in MI for 10 years so I don't know when it was changed.

I saw great shows there.

jef

Power Pig, Hello!
Oct 12, 2008
The last time I was there it still was the State Theatre. I have not live in MI for 10 years so I don't know when it was changed.

I saw great shows there.

Same for me - I spent more of the 90's living elsewhere than here. Since we came back in 2000, I hadn't been there at all. I seriously think the last show I saw there until this week was Anthrax/Public Enemy.

Live Nation has done some good things for promotion of shows in this town, so many props to them. It's only been the Fillmore for a little more than a year now.