How to make the TTR1 bluetooth capable?

DJL

Jan 20, 2009
Hey everyone,
I just bought a wireless bluetooth speaker. I'm trying to figure out if there is a way to play my TTR1 through the bluetooth speaker. Does anyone know if a bluetooth transmitter exists that I could connect to my TTR1 which would work through the bluetooth speaker?

Thanks for your help.

DJL

Jan 20, 2009
Hello,

Thanks so much for the suggestions.

I bought this one:
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Britelink-Bluetooth-Transmitter--Transmitter-Streaming/dp/B005HMT7QY/ref=sr_1_11?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1390706750&sr=1-11&keywords=bluetooth+transmitter+audio]Amazon.com: Britelink Bluetooth Audio Transmitter- Portable, Bluetooth Music Transmitter for 3.5 mm Audio Devices Wireless Streaming iPod,MP3,MP4,TV,media players: Electronics[/ame]

And sadly it didn't work. Any suggestions on which one would work the best?

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Hello,

Thanks so much for the suggestions.

I bought this one:
Amazon.com: Britelink Bluetooth Audio Transmitter- Portable, Bluetooth Music Transmitter for 3.5 mm Audio Devices Wireless Streaming iPod,MP3,MP4,TV,media players: Electronics

And sadly it didn't work. Any suggestions on which one would work the best?

Not sure how it wouldn't work. Would you not plug this into the line out and it would broadcast to your speaker? I have an external speaker on my TTR1 as the internal ones are shot. Keep volume at 1 so the internal speakers are off and external ones play the music. Not sure why this would not be similar except with a bluetooth broadcast / receiver in the middle.

DJL

Jan 20, 2009
Hmmm.

Unless I must have done something wrong. I actually did exactly as you suggested and even turned the volume on the TTR1 up louder and could not get the signal to play through my bluetooth speaker.

This is the bluetooth speaker I have:
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005XSYHEY/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i01?ie=UTF8&psc=1"]Amazon.com: Big Blue Live Wireless Bluetooth Speaker: Computers & Accessories[/ame]

So you think it should have still worked? I returned the bluetooth transmitter because it wouldn't do I wanted.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Hmmm.

Unless I must have done something wrong. I actually did exactly as you suggested and even turned the volume on the TTR1 up louder and could not get the signal to play through my bluetooth speaker.

This is the bluetooth speaker I have:
Amazon.com: Big Blue Live Wireless Bluetooth Speaker: Computers & Accessories

So you think it should have still worked? I returned the bluetooth transmitter because it wouldn't do I wanted.

The line out should be fixed volume. It is not controlled by the TTR1 volume.

Did you try it with another device? Did you try another output device from the TTR1? Are you sure you connected line out not line aux jack? The line out is the one at the back.

There are too many variables to determine the cause of the issue.

Sent from my iPhone5 using Tapatalk

DJL

Jan 20, 2009
I did use the back one Line out on the TTR1. The problem I had was I couldn't seem to figure out how to pair the transmitter with my bluetooth speaker.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I did use the back one Line out on the TTR1. The problem I had was I couldn't seem to figure out how to pair the transmitter with my bluetooth speaker.

Ok. That was an issue with either the speaker or the transmitter.

DJL

Jan 20, 2009
Gotcha. Speaker works like a champ! When I used the transmitter it kept saying in order for them to pair you need to put a code in order to use it. Sadly my speaker has no where to plug a code into it.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Gotcha. Speaker works like a champ! When I used the transmitter it kept saying in order for them to pair you need to put a code in order to use it. Sadly my speaker has no where to plug a code into it.

They probably have a default like 0000 or 1234. I've seen some manuals where the code is buried however.

DJL

Jan 20, 2009
Like for instance if I bought this one, which looks pretty nice:

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Wireless-Speaker-Adapter-Bluetooth/dp/B004VM1T5S/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1390786378&sr=1-2&keywords=bluetooth+transmitter+audio]Amazon.com: Logitech Wireless Speaker Adapter for Bluetooth Audio Devices: Electronics[/ame]

how would I pair the sound to my bluetooth speaker? It doesn't look very hard to do based on these instructions I found for it in pdf:

http://www.logitech.com/assets/36255/3/getting-started-guide.pdf

But it doesn't indicate how to pair to a bluetooth speaker? Am I misunderstanding something?

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Like for instance if I bought this one, which looks pretty nice:

Amazon.com: Logitech Wireless Speaker Adapter for Bluetooth Audio Devices: Electronics

how would I pair the sound to my bluetooth speaker? It doesn't look very hard to do based on these instructions I found for it in pdf:

http://www.logitech.com/assets/36255/3/getting-started-guide.pdf

But it doesn't indicate how to pair to a bluetooth speaker? Am I misunderstanding something?

From these links, you would put the transmitter in pairing mode. You would hit the connect button on the speaker. Transmitter would ask for key. You would enter 0000. It should pair.

DJL

Jan 20, 2009
Awesome thanks so much for your advice with all of this. I'm going to try to get this transmitter and will let you know how it goes.

Thanks again.

DJL

Jan 20, 2009
Ok,

So good news I finally got the Logitech Bluetooth Adapter for the TTR1. Sadly it seems that it won't work through my bluetooth speaker and I realize the problem is the bluetooth speaker. However I tried to run the sound from the TTR1 through my MacBook Pro and for some reason the thing only wants to send the sound from my MacBook Pro to a speaker system and not vice versa. Does anyone have any suggestions on this one? Hope this makes sense.