How to download You Tube Video's

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
Now that i have a PMP that will play video in high quality, how do I download You Tube videos to play on the device.

This may be the dumbest question ever and forgive me if it is but without having a portable player to view video on, I never had a need to actually download and keep the video.

Let me know if you can.

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
There are several plugins for Firefox that do it. I can't remember which ones I've used, but Google will give you a list of them.

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
Will these work if I'm using Internet Explorer?

Nope, but there's no reason to use IE anymore. You can get IETab for Firefox. It will run sites you select in IE inside a Firefox tab, so you get 100% IE behavior for those sites, and better behavior for the rest. :)

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
I went ahead and downloaded Firefox just to play around.

I like it but I have to get used to it.

Thank you all for the recommendations.

hexagram

Medicinal & Recreational.
Oct 11, 2008
Seattle, WA
I went ahead and downloaded Firefox just to play around.

I like it but I have to get used to it.

Thank you all for the recommendations.

You'll love it once you start using it.

Also, I recommend installing "Adblock Plus" and "Adblock Plus: Element Hiding Helper" to your Firefox. With those two add-ons installed, you'll never want to go back to IE =]

Download Statusbar is another useful add-on as well. No extra window for your downloads, it's all neatly placed on your status bar.

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
+1 on the AdBlock Plus. I never cared for Firefox until I found it could strip ads from the web.

Unless it blocks necessary pop-ups from sites you want to pop-up.... my bank has something that pops-up for me to sign in and I constantly have to allow it.

Good for other stuff, though.

hexagram

Medicinal & Recreational.
Oct 11, 2008
Seattle, WA
Unless it blocks necessary pop-ups from sites you want to pop-up.... my bank has something that pops-up for me to sign in and I constantly have to allow it.

When that happens...

20409152.png

(lower-right corner of the status bar)

I recommend checking "Don't show info message when pop-ups are blocked" as well... Your Firefox experience should now be more enjoyable. :thumbsup:

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing

AdBlock doesn't block pop-ups. Firefox has a pop-up blocker built in, and it always gives me the option to allow the pop-up.. AdBlock just silently removes all the ads from the web. So places like Facebook, Yahoo, and, er, uh, DRC maybe, that rely on ads for revenue are magically ad free. If everyone used it, the web would revert to the way it was in 1995, so some of you should ignore this.