How many songs on your player?

Discussion in 'Other MP3 Players' started by hank-the-dwarf, Oct 14, 2008.

1. stumpy

stumpy Guest

iPhone with Pandora that I only really use at the gym so it's mostly aggressive music. I also keep some movies or tv shows on there to get me through the boring ass cardio. I keep anywhere between 600-700 songs on my phone. Plenty of space to spare. I really need to organize my library better and make some good playlists.
  2. DoublEE

DoublEE Active Member

Now we're talking! You sound like me.
  3. Heather

Heather Member

Oh I know..I meant not being able to afford a bigger gig ipod. I get most of my music through torrents and use itunes for what I can't find.
  4. Heather

Heather Member

lol believe me..it turns me on too! ;) I used it on some of my other sites but took it down because seeing it everyday..well..there is only so many times a day one can rub one out! :p

*spank*
  5. Agent J

Agent J New Member

Nano 3g, 8GB

About 500 songs, a few mixes and Podcasts.

Mostly with the House, Trance, Electro, Tech, Dance. Deadmau5, Armin van Buuren, Victor Dinaire, Eric Prydz, Menno de Jong, Above & Beyond...

Also have some Cypress Hill, Sublime, Kottonmouth Kings, David Allen Coe (about as country I get), Slipknot, Static-X, Dethklok, Korn, Metallica, Pink Floyd... a bit of everything...

I buy all my tracks from Beatport, but there are a few places I go when there are some tracks that haven't been released or hard to find... ;)
  6. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

32GB iPod Touch and I have right at 2000 songs, plus some videos like South Park and some Sirius Replay AV recordings.
  7. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

60GB iPod (traded a Miata for it) with 12,883 songs on it. How do you find out how many albums are on it?
  8. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing This space for rent

I have a question for those that have so many songs on their device ... how do you find that much music? I have an extensive CD collection and I went through all of them to get the songs I like and got 1400 or so. How do you actually have more? Do you just download all the songs off an album? Or do you actually find that many songs you like?
  9. hank-the-dwarf

hank-the-dwarf Well-Known Member

I download all the artists i like and unless there is a song by an artist that i absolutly hate(like songs that got too much air play)i keep them.Have about 3,000 and i think that is enough for me now-i know i will never have 15,000 but it is nice to know that i have all that memory to use when i find something new that i like.
  10. AZJoe

AZJoe Member

Why do you assume that a music listener can only like 1400 songs? I have been an avid music fan for over 40 years (yes I'm a dinosaur). I like many music genres and I like them from the 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s and today. If I only picked 100 song titles from each year since 1955 that would still be 5300 songs! And trust me there are more than 100 great songs from every year. I have nearly 24,000 songs on my itunes/ipod and don't see any reason why it shouldn't continue to grow. I can go 53 days on my ipod without ever repeating a song title, if I want to. So yes, I do find that many songs I actually like. :)
    Aaron likes this.
  11. DoublEE

DoublEE Active Member

1. I already had an extensive CD collection before MP3 technology.

2. The Cuyahoga County Library system is a great resource. They have everything. I simply log onto their system, do a search, order what I need and it's delivered to the library within walking distance. They send me an email saying it's ready to be picked up and I'm out the door.

Let me get on my soapbox for a minute. The public library system is one of our greatest free resources. I encourage everyone to support their local system by voting "yes" on any tax levies for the library.

3. I have friends that are into music as well so we do a lot of swapping.

4. I import entire albums, not just singles. I'm old school. Take for example Pink Floyd's The Wall. I can't imagine only importing certain tracks. The album tells a story as a whole. Now, I will admit that today's music (for the most part) blows and everything is geared towards the "iTunes single" mentality (which in my opinion is why music sales are so pathetic.) So I will on occasion import only certain tracks.
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2008
  12. DoublEE

DoublEE Active Member

I love having a ton of music. I just put that baby on shuffle and love seeing what it's going to throw at me next.
  13. IdRatherBeSkiing

I think the difference between us is #3 and #4. I don't swap. And I usually only pick the songs I like from a particular album. Some albums I do in its entirity. The Wall for an example I downloaded the whole album and combined them into 4 MP3s. Individual songs don't seem to cut it on that album.
  14. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

The only player out there that can do Pink Floyd's The Wall justice is the iPod with gapless playback. Beautiful! The Wall is a collection of individual tracks the play gapless and sound GREAT!
  15. IdRatherBeSkiing

I have software that combines MP3s into one seamless MP3. Works out the same way.
  16. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

I can see that, but I prefer to keep my files separate as they are meant to be, rather than combine them into huge files. Unless your play allows for bookmarking having big files aren't very user friendly. But whatever works! I just love the gapless playback on my iPod.
  17. Manco

Manco Active Member

I have 1152 songs on my Creative Zen Micro and 600 on my S50 most of which were recorded off of the air.

I listen to pop and rock from decades 70s to now. I also have a fair amount of Christian music, as well as some country, and music from quite a few soundtracks. Most of this music is ripped from CD's but a few are from online purchases.

BTW, I have a Windows Home Server where I have ripped 100% of all my CD's to. It's very convenient to play the music from any of the computers in my house which I have a few.
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2008
  18. MikeV

MikeV Member

I have over 1700 songs on my 16GB iPhone... they take up just over half the space, leaving me plenty of room for future growth, apps, and more.
  19. MoeSyslack

MoeSyslack Member

I've got close to 4000 songs on my Gigabeat F40. All Metal and Hard Rock( Lamb of God, Chimaira, Slipknot, Devildriver, Scar Symmetry, etc.). I have them at a high bitrate since I have the space so Ive used about 23gb. I also have 3 or 4 short videos of the kids and the current book Im reading in both text and audio form.
  20. On my 80 GB ipod, I have the following.

1746 Songs
    8 Audio Books
    9 Games