How many new customers have you personally convinced to sign up for SIRIUS/XM?

How many new customers have you personally convinced to sign up for SIRIUS/XM?

Votes: 26 28.6%
  • 1-2

Votes: 32 35.2%
  • 3-4

Votes: 16 17.6%
  • 5-6

Votes: 5 5.5%
  • 7-12

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • 13+

Votes: 8 8.8%

• Total voters

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
If you are a SIRIUS XM Subscriber or used to be how many people did you turn on to Satellite Radio? Not talking about people you discussed it with, but how many Subscribed specifically based on your strong recommendation of it.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Only my dad and sister. Nobody else who I have talked to about it wants to 'pay for radio'.

Some guys have listened and really liked it but not done anything about it.

xan_user

Banned
Dec 16, 2008
Nor-Cal
That ones not on this poll. I think that's pretty clear. You're welcome to start your own poll of course.
understood.
For the record i recommended 3 people get Sirius back after i joined 18 months ago. one actually signed up, the other two waited and waited till after the merger, but went with my post merger recommendation of a slacker. (kind of a -1 imo, that why I asked.)

Would you like me to vote one? or zero?

Btw.
TSS is AWESOME! Got a ton of stuff from you, and recommended my friends get their SatRad stuff from you.
You all should branch out of just Satrad! (yeah i know what TSS stands for, I just hate rolling the dice with etailers I don't know.)

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I had to answer 0 unfortunately. I have a handful of friends that had XM. When I got Sirius with my portables, they were digging it, and wished that they had gone Sirius, but weren't going to invest in new gear. A couple of other were pretty interested, but just wouldn't commit. Close still equals zero.

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
About 10 people and here a list of who I know signed up with Sirius/XM:

My parents
Sister & Brother-In-Law
My Brother-In-Law mom
friend in Vegas
Four co-workers

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Over the years there have been dozens of folks that I have turned on to sat radio, heck many of them I sold them their first tuner when I was upgrading! LOL

The sad part is that many of them no longer have the service as they got tired of fighting equipment and/or reception issues. I would say out of my friends that probably 3/4 of them no longer have the service. I use to find myself so disappointed when I'd find out they had dropped the service. Little I could do about it though!

On a side note though, I had a board meeting today and out of my 9 board members, 7 of them now have a Slacker G1 or G2. Then afternoon I had a staff meeting with all my clinic and facility managers, we are talking 15 of them. 9 out of the 15 now have Slacker either a G1 or G2 or via their Blackberry or iPhone. Yes, I do tend to influence folks!

Many of these folks did the Woot thing when I sent out an email telling them about it. You can't visit me at my office, sit in my vehicle or have much contact with me where I am not pushing my favorite music service, which right now is Slacker. The mere fact that they don't have to buy docks or worry about reception and only subscribe if they want too is a huge plus for them. I really wish I would have asked how many had actually subscribed. I know a few of them have because they tod me they did, but I didn't think to ask them all.

dragon_slayer

Feb 24, 2009
los angeles
love my xm and octane rocks have an inno2 and an xmp3 unit and xm in my tahoe with onstar would never go back to fm even if its HD cause clear channel will be playing ad's lol you get what you pay for in a way i think radio will become like tv did in the old days when cable came out prays that sat rad dont go under

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
I marked 7-12 but it could very easily be more.

I am a manufacturers rep so I travel with a lot of other sales rep that sell our products and when they get in my car they are always impressed with the Sirius set up.

I can think of at least 10-12 people but like i said, it could easily be more.

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
I marked 7-12 but it could very easily be more.

I am a manufacturers rep so I travel with a lot of other sales rep that sell our products and when they get in my car they are always impressed with the Sirius set up.

I can think of at least 10-12 people but like i said, it could easily be more.

:ter: Hmm, maybe I need to send you some SIRIUS Brochures and some TSS Catalogs :)

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
After I had subscribed I referred my folks to XM, but they quit listening after about 3 months. I've been unsubscribed now for about 2 1/2 years.

Bigrock

Oct 15, 2008
I voted 5-6 but this was back when Sirius started in 2002. Not one has it anymore and I do not push it on people anymore. Sirius music was so bad(before the change) I quit being a sales guy.