How long do we have to continue to endure E-Street Radio?

Bandit 5160

Oct 31, 2008
Is this here forever now? It sure seems likely. I still hope one day it will disappear, they will move Pop 2K to Sirius 10 (where it should logically be), and they will then use Sirius 39 to bring back The Strobe (or Backspin).

limegrass69

Confused
Oct 12, 2008
New York
E Street Radio certainly does suck, but that applies for all single artist channels.:mad:

You won't get an argument from me on that point!! It especially sucks when a channel you like is pre-empted to make room for the single artist channel you don't like!! :mad:

JDawg3DX

Oct 16, 2008
Las Vegas
My personal guess is that E Street Radio is with us through at least the Super Bowl (as Springsteen is the halftime show this year).. After that, who knows, can't think of any reason for Sirius/Xm to keep it beyond that...

Dark Star

Nov 2, 2008
Last I heard was March. I think it was supposed to have been gone in June, but it's a popular station and was quietly extended. Now that it's actually being used to help promote this "new" service, it wouldn't surprise me if it's here for good.

However count me in for the minority of those that really love the station.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Last date I heard was summer 2009. That would be the earliest it could move. My guess is pop2k will wind up at 10 and a general XM/Sirius channel number switch will happen before E-street goes off the air.

Mrwirez

Nov 10, 2008
Pittsburgh
Good God please get rid of Bruce..... Since he is from Jersey he seems like a local Sirius Star in New York, according to the Stern staff. I never liked "the boss". As a matter of fact NONE of the existing channels should be disrupted for a 24/7 artist channel. Why not set aside 4 Channels for particular artists... FIRE THE BOSS. He was an artist created by the record labels imo.

TacoKid

Oct 27, 2008
Euless, TX
www.twitter.com
I have never spent more than 2 minutes on any single artist channel but apparently, there are a lot who do.

There is only one group I would even attempt to listen to for an extended period if they had their own channel...........

Any guesses?

Here's a clue:

H-
M-
S-
L-

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
GOD I hate this channel, I hate it, I hate it, I freaking hate it!

This channel pisses me off more than anything. Bruce Springsteen cannot sing, I am sorry if you like him, I think he sucks! How people continue to buy his records just excuse my french fucking amazes me.

Okay, I've said what I have to say. That is all!

Wait one more thing, if they had gotten rid of this crappy channel, they could have added the Village to the line up on the Sirius Side.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON

This channel pisses me off more than anything. Bruce Springsteen cannot sing, I am sorry if you like him, I think he sucks! How people continue to buy his records just excuse my french fucking amazes me.

Wait one more thing, if they had gotten rid of this crappy channel, they could have added the Village to the line up on the Sirius Side.

Or they could have kept Chrome or The Strobe (merged of course) on both platforms since E-Street is on both Sirius & XM.

bwaldron

Oct 18, 2008
Tampa Bay, FL

I've been a fan of the Boss since the early 70's (used to be a bigger fan than I am now). That said, I'm not a fan of any single-artist channels, and even though I dropped my Sirius sub, hate to see my fellow folk fans there get screwed again by the Village not appearing in the new lineup.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Or they could have kept Chrome or The Strobe (merged of course) on both platforms since E-Street is on both Sirius & XM.

Yes that could have been an option too.

I've been a fan of the Boss since the early 70's (used to be a bigger fan than I am now). That said, I'm not a fan of any single-artist channels, and even though I dropped my Sirius sub, hate to see my fellow folk fans there get screwed again by the Village not appearing in the new lineup.

Hope I didn't offend you, I just get a little carried away over this particular single artist channel, mainly because they took away the Bridge for it, told us we'd get it back and then kept extending this channel. Now he has a new album coming out, so there is just no end in sight! Anyway, I apologize if I offended you!

bwaldron

Oct 18, 2008
Tampa Bay, FL
Anyway, I apologize if I offended you!

No need to. I wasn't offended at all. None of us likes every artist or style...and like I said, even as a fan, I don't like the channel (or any single-artist channel) taking up bandwidth that could be better used.

If I'm a big fan of an artist, I already own all the released music and a bunch of live shows to boot (no pun intended). It's not what I need sat radio for.

DLariv308

Oct 27, 2008
MA
It is going to be like the Rolling Stones channel. Everytime the end date nears they announced it will stay longer. :right:

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON

Its the damn Canadian channels that are preventing it. XM gave XM Canada a bunch of low bandwidth stations and XM Canada convinced the CRTC that if they covered every Canadian team's NHL game that those channels counted as Canadian they didn't need so much musical Canadian content. E-street radio is taking up 2 slots. Freeing it would add another channel on XM too which if you took the Village would not make it to Sirius.
When Sirius Canada and XM Canada stop pouting and merge I suspect this issue will disappear.

Dark Star

Nov 2, 2008

Can you tell us how you really feel?

edgarb

Oct 19, 2008
I dig the Grateful Dead Channel...but i'm a pretty big deadhead lol...i guess there is much more variety in their music. It wouldn't kill me to see it gone, but i really do like the 11:00 AM full concert everyday. Really helps me get to lunch!