How do you say hypocrite in Danish?

Andrew8468

Plans on freezing in the dark
Oct 26, 2008
Canada, eh?
Copenhagen climate summit: 1,200 limos, 140 private planes and caviar wedges - Telegraph

Ms Jorgensen reckons that between her and her rivals the total number of limos in Copenhagen next week has already broken the 1,200 barrier. The French alone rang up on Thursday and ordered another 42. "We haven't got enough limos in the country to fulfil the demand," she says. "We're having to drive them in hundreds of miles from Germany and Sweden."

The airport says it is expecting up to 140 extra private jets during the peak period alone, so far over its capacity that the planes will have to fly off to regional airports – or to Sweden – to park, returning to Copenhagen to pick up their VIP passengers.

But on the positive side....

And this being Scandinavia, even the prostitutes are doing their bit for the planet. Outraged by a council postcard urging delegates to "be sustainable, don't buy sex," the local sex workers' union – they have unions here – has announced that all its 1,400 members will give free intercourse to anyone with a climate conference delegate's pass. The term "carbon dating" just took on an entirely new meaning.

xan_user

Banned
Dec 16, 2008
Nor-Cal
These summits should be at places like burning man, woodstock or on a walkabout in the outback, not in mega wealthy financial centers. The whole problem of global poisoning comes from big business greedy behavior in the first place. There will never be a solution if we leave it up to the very same kind of folks that ARE the reason the whole problem exists in the first place. :no:

Want to fix this? Give these guys some peyote and let em run around death valley for a few days. The greed will just melt away.

blyons200

These pretzels are making me thirsty.
Oct 12, 2008
The BBQ Capital
Al Gore is a top invester in a European company that trades carbon credits. He's all about the green (cash that is).

It's a big scam, it's all about money.

JoeTan

Oct 14, 2008
I will have to agree. I watched that Inconvient Truth and it makes a lot of sense and is pretty scary. PROBLEM IS so was the moon landing hoax that Fox was broadcasting about 5 years ago. When you only present one side of something it really isn't fair considering that these people want to tax the world out of business in the name of "saving the earth"

Like George Carlin said. The Earth isn't going anywhere...WE ARE. We are going away. Pack your shit folks.

xan_user

Banned
Dec 16, 2008
Nor-Cal
Al Gore is a top invester in a European company that trades carbon credits. He's all about the green (cash that is).

It's a big scam, it's all about money.
Hmmm, I dont know about that... there are upsides to being green, over a rape and pillage mentality.
I do find it interesting that quite often the most outspoken against ensuring our kids have a non toxic world to grow up in, are the very same ones that complain about burdening our kids with too much financial debt. I mean if someone is truly concerned about our kids future well being, shouldn't environmental care be at least as high as their concerns about financial debt?

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I lived in Copenhagen for a few months. The people that live there ride bikes, take public transportation, and walk for the most part. The taxes to own a car are really high, so most of the regular people don't drive.