How do you feel about the new dance channel line up??

robhurlburt

Oct 15, 2008
We lost the boombox (sirius) but we gained a TON of talent on BPM and Area. I for one am excited to hear the new shows and pass judgement after that.

robhurlburt

Oct 15, 2008
i actually rarely ever listened to boombox... I NEVER listen to chill, I would have axed chill over boombox :yesshake:

SatelliteSteve

Oct 28, 2008
Northern NJ
Boombox was the only station besides BBC1 to play Flux by Bloc Party, but that is the only time I ever listened to it. Does Liquid Todd still work for Sirius? I noticed they took Zeroes and Ones off the LOC page. That was a great show..

robhurlburt

Oct 15, 2008
I noticed they took Zeroes and Ones off the LOC page. That was a great show..

:scratch: what show is that?

Been listening to BPM all afternoon, and am VERY happy that they have DJs that do constant mix shows. I think this is great so far. Been listening to Skyy

SatelliteSteve

Oct 28, 2008
Northern NJ
:scratch: what show is that?

Been listening to BPM all afternoon, and am VERY happy that they have DJs that do constant mix shows. I think this is great so far. Been listening to Skyy

It played a lot of underground/indie rock music that wasn't normally heard on the channel. Liquid Todd hosted it and I knew he created Boombox and programed Chill so I was wondering if anyone knew if he was out or not.

Boges

Oct 15, 2008
Overall, I definitely like the new lineup...even though we now have less dance channels to listen to. HOPEFULLY Sirius leaves BPM. WOW, what an improvement over The Beat.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Yeah they have gutted dance about as bad as they have R&B.

Dance List for Slacker! Off topic I know, but just thought you guys should know there is an alternative.

slackerdance.jpg

totti

Nov 12, 2008
SiriusCountry
the more i am listening to BPM the more I'm loving the fact that the Beat is gone! At first i wasn't sure what to think, but BPM has been pretty impressive!
At one point, they had started playing September -Cry for You and the DJ stopped the song and mentioned that this song was overplayed for the last year on the Beat....NO MORE, and moved on to the next song!...I love it!

speed_phreak

Nov 13, 2008
Imo

My sirius listening constists mostly of Howard in the morning for a few hours, then the rest of the day spent flipping back and forth between Area 38 and The Beat...

I was a little surprised when the channels were remapped and my initial reaction was anger.

However, like others have suggested, I think we may have actually came out ahead in this one. Area 38 seems to have gained some talent and BPM seems to be coming through with a good mix. Hopefully, Sirius-XM keeps the playlists deep and the talent high... I am willing to give this a chance, but if they burn the dance channels IM GONE!!!

I couldn't possibly care less about The Strobe, it can lick my vanilla salty balls...

Anyone know what happened to siriusbackstage.com? It has been sliding for awhile, but now it is completely dead...

Grüpsaar

DRC Forum Bum
Oct 11, 2008
Anytown, WI
www.youtube.com
Anyone know what happened to siriusbackstage.com? It has been sliding for awhile, but now it is completely dead...

Being discussed here.

Basically, the owner hasn't been around, and the site began to slow, and either the spike in traffic after the channel change killed it, and since the admin isn't around to care to fix it, it stayed down, OR, as most people are suspecting, the bill came to renew the hosting plan, and it didn't get paid.

speed_phreak

Nov 13, 2008
Well thank you sir for taking the time to respond, even if it was a little off topic... I am new around here and finding my way about. This board looks like a very suitable replacement for the board whose name I will not speak...

Back to the Sirius-XM music mix up:

Although I do believe this whole fiasco was handled EXTREMELY poorly, especially from a customer service stand point, I do hope enough subscribers stay around for them to keep afloat. With a stock price of $0.25 a share, I am afraid a little pig could blow them over. This would make my stiletto 2 a very stupid mp3 player...

Dancelover

Oct 18, 2008
What is crap it the killing of Adrenalin on Saturday nights from the Beat and the lame ass crap mixshows that are repeats from Friday nigh on Saturday where it should be Adrenalin everyone write and complain about that