How did the 47 not get panalized

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
I dunno. Did they penalize Denny Hamlin last year at Richmond, when he stopped on the track to bring out the yellow?

I don't think there's a rule about a pit row crew members running onto the infield...:shock:

Ruaidh

Oct 15, 2008
I'll bet someone's wallet is going to be 10 grand lighter come Tuesday afternoon.

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
I think at the time it just caused a lot of confusion because there was some disbelief that it was actually happening.

I have a feeling that nascar will come down HARD for that. For one, that kind of thing can not be happening. And two, it screwed up the race for what?......half the field or more.

fishy

Dec 2, 2008
Up heah in Maine
I think at the time it just caused a lot of confusion because there was some disbelief that it was actually happening.

I have a feeling that nascar will come down HARD for that. For one, that kind of thing can not be happening. And two, it screwed up the race for what?......half the field or more.

It was a stupid thing to do, but it didn't affect anyone else. The caution was going to come out for the tire anyway, it changed nothing as far as the race went.

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
I have to wonder if they may have let the green flag stops cycle through first as the tire wouldn't have been in the racing groove? IMO it did impact the outcome of the race. For me though, it allowed my driver to finish 11th in a car that would have been lucky to finish in the top 30 had that incident not occurred.

fishy

Dec 2, 2008
Up heah in Maine
It was headed for the racing groove, they would have thrown the flag before anyone knew where it was going to land. They are pretty 'caution happy' these days. You can usually assume that if something is on or headed for the track and there isn't a caution yet, it's because they haven't seen it yet.

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
The tire was hardly moving and would have never reached the track. It wasn't like it was Usain Bolt, the worlds fastest man, chasing that tire down. It was some 200lb + gas man.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ow0g54J8eY0]YouTube - Tire Brings Out Caution (2009 Kobalt Tools 500, Atlanta)[/ame]

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
It was headed for the racing groove, they would have thrown the flag before anyone knew where it was going to land. They are pretty 'caution happy' these days. You can usually assume that if something is on or headed for the track and there isn't a caution yet, it's because they haven't seen it yet.

Really? I thought it was better this year. The worst I thought was 07 and the start of 08.

DexterMorgan

Oct 22, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Really? I thought it was better this year. The worst I thought was 07 and the start of 08.

Are you talking about the BS cautions?

You could be right about 2007. There is a reason why a 2 time champion called out Nascar for that, and its not because he was bored that day. In fact I remember during that race after the 3rd and 4th bogus yellow they showed some crap on the track that you could clearly see was a piece of tape, and then a candy wrapper. You had DW say, "Thats a candy wrapper!, oh for pete sakes we threw a caution for that?"