How can I bypass clicking every 90 mins. to keep the player on?

Martini

Nov 17, 2009
Now that the Yahoo! widget for Sirius no longer works, is there another way I can have Howard Stern on for the entire show without having to click on the 90 minute warning button?

Martini

Nov 17, 2009
Will it work for those who are Sirius subscribers only? Same user name and password?

Phreaker47

Nov 14, 2009
The Sirius Tuner widget should be fixed very soon. Tanner has acknowledged that he knows the changes that are needed and will release the updated widget soon.

jbjonas

Nov 15, 2009
The Sirius Tuner widget should be fixed very soon. Tanner has acknowledged that he knows the changes that are needed and will release the updated widget soon.
What do you mean by 'very' soon? Do you have more info than Tanner posted on his site or are you just assuming that?

(no animosity intended - my life sort of revolves around his Sirius Tuner Widget - I'm anxious for an update myself)

darkone338

Nov 18, 2009
if you install firefox, then install the Quickjava plugin you can start the Sirius player on their website, then click the button to disable JavaScript, that quickjava installs, and you wont be prompted every 90 minutes.

Martini

Nov 17, 2009
Thanks, darkone338, that worked perfectly! This is a good enough work around that I don't need the Yahoo! widget when it's back up. I tried the XM Widget but I couldn't get it to work. I'm guessing one needs to have an XM subscription and not Sirius. Thanks everyone for your replies.

darkone338

Nov 18, 2009
glad it works for ya. if it ever stops, just reenable javascript, restart the player and turn the javascript off again. Occasionally I lose connection to sirius and it drops out, but possibly only once every couple days... :)

Phreaker47

Nov 14, 2009
That's a good workaround, but I need the widget back because I have a whole script set up that starts recording Howard every day at 3am (I'm on the west coast.) So of course, that's reliant on the widget's ability to log in automatically without the captcha images. It's all right though, I'm not exactly freaking out over it.