Home signal repeater discontinued

mcf57

Dec 5, 2008
I have a family member in Florida who will be moving into a high rise condo next month. I am flying down there next month to help them with the move and they have asked me to help them get SIRIUS installed in this new condo unit.

Now, I have not see the actual place yet since I live in GA so I am not sure where they will have the SIRIUS in respect to a window facing North (for the antenna). I originally thought maybe I could go with the SIRIUS Echo home signal repeater system somehow, but I now see that it has been discontinued.

This condo is located in the Ormond Beach area (just outside Daytona Beach) so a terrestrial signal is probably not an option either. Any other suggestions on how to maybe install SIRIUS without knowing too much about the geographical aspects of the unit

limegrass69

Confused
Oct 12, 2008
New York
You might have some luck pointing the antenna to the south. The new Sirius FM5 satellite is up, and that may help you out. You may find that you don't need the Echo repeater.

The best tip I can give you is to put the antenna near or in a window (obviously outdoors is best), and use a lot of trial and error (and patience).

Good luck!

Oct 10, 2008
Chicago
You might have some luck pointing the antenna to the south. The new Sirius FM5 satellite is up, and that may help you out. You may find that you don't need the Echo repeater.

The best tip I can give you is to put the antenna near or in a window (obviously outdoors is best), and use a lot of trial and error (and patience).

Good luck!

Limegrass is right. The new sat may provide a better signal if you are pointing south and doing a little "trial and error" with point the antenna different directions is a great idea.

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
TSS Radio does not have the SIRIUS repeater but AMAZON does. Let us know how the hookup goes.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Sirius-SIRWRS1-Signal-Repeater-System/dp/B000QFYAU0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1253645044&sr=8-1]Amazon.com: Sirius SIRWRS1 Echo Signal Repeater System: Electronics[/ame]

mcf57

Dec 5, 2008
After talking to this family member, it sounds like the condo unit is located on the 8th floor in the northwest section of the building so I might be good to go. I plan to go down there next week, but I think I'm just gonna evaluate the situation and see what is best. I then plan to be back for Thanksgiving break so I will then maybe hook up something while there again.

Now, another option I have thought of & they might be willing to invest in is the SONOS music system. I made another post regarding this system and some questions I had about it. While a lot pricier than just a simple SIRIUS radio with home docking cradle, they might want it to play music throughout the unit as well as SIRIUS so we'll see.