History of HS, Act II - Appreciation thread

TheScionicMan

Last non-Hating Stern Fan
Oct 11, 2008
What are some of your favorite moments from this installment of the History of Howard Stern?

The best moment so far for me was the fake Harlem Shuffle song. That was ingenious and Fred almost nailed the real version.

His mother coming on David Brenner was good.

Dee Snider getting in a fight and getting back onstage in time to sing his part.

Fred's Dial-a-Date is a classic.

Howard and Jackie discussing sexual experiences was funny. Howard had a great line when Jackie said he had some fat ones: "I never had a fat chick. Even if they had a horseface, they still had a great body."

Scott Salem should take back his complaints about not getting a xMas gift. The lathering they gave his ass in this special is incredible.

The Homo Room with Bob Waa....

Last edited:

Bark

Hey Now!
Oct 15, 2008
Frederick, MD
It was "Harlem Shuffle", wasn't it?

I've been enjoying this special. As much as I liked the last one, they had to spend a lot of time documenting Howard's early years, which I found a bit lacking albeit entertaining. This one just kicked right off into the good stuff.

I think Grandpa Al Lewis has been my favorite part so far.

ProperModulation

Green Type of Tube
Oct 11, 2008
California
I'm about an hour into day 2 and so far it's an A+ all the way. Much like last year, it's cool to hear all these old moments that I've only heard about when they tell stories on the air. And all the extra commentary is awesome!

Ehilbert1

Ooh-Rah!!!!
Oct 13, 2008
Columbus, OH
I've really enjoyed the whole thing. I guess my favorite is when Gary found out they knew about his CAPS. That was great.

Last edited:

GoodDog

Oct 13, 2008
Scientific Map
Enjoying the show. My only problem with it is every time I tune it in, I hear the same damn part over again. What are the odds of that? Maybe I should go buy a lottery ticket

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
I'm enjoying it as a whole since I'm a newer fan so I get a sense of where the show came from.
Also, Grampa Munster yelling FUCK THE FCC!!!:rofl2:

Jgatie

Banned
Oct 14, 2008
Sam is the best guest ever. Him saying that at 2 AM an insecure 12 year old boy wasn't safe around Rodney was one of my favorite lines. The Gary's caps story was great, too. "I paid $400 a piece Boff!"

almaniac27

Nov 12, 2008
Kent, Ohio
I thought the bit when Howard's sister called in about his penis was very funny. I also like when they play his old Letterman appearances and all the comments from the DJs like Jimmy Fink that used to work with him.

Wayne Edwards

Oct 13, 2008
I liked hearing Howard's first meeting with Joey Ramone, the two hit it off right away and Joey really opened up. His first interview with Sam Kinison was good although Kinison's future apearances would become more outrageous as he became a regular guest. I liked Meg Griffen's commentary about how Howard was pretty much a wallflower when they worked together previously, quite a contrast to his then on-air persona.

Mostly I'm just enjoying re-living my youth hearing all this stuff. It's a real trip back in time (Abby Hoffman, anyone? And who the hell was that different KKK guy?). Great to hear when Howard was completely detrermined to slaughter the competition no matter how over-the-top nasty -in a funny way- he would have to be.

GrĂĽpsaar

DRC Forum Bum
Oct 11, 2008
Anytown, WI
www.youtube.com
The first ralph call in and Howard busting on Ralphs mom and calling ralph a dumb kid was funny. Who would've thought that dumb kid would be over at howards house throwing up into a washer dryer one day?

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
When they used to do "Best Of" on FM radio, it seems like they would stick to stuff within the previous 2-5 years. I always wondered why they never dug real deep.

Super Dave

Oct 12, 2008
Maple Shade, NJ
www.oropallo.us
I'm listening right now and they have DeBella talking about his reaction to the Louie Louie parade and Howard fans that showed up. I was there, he claims there was only 12 Stern listeners, and how they had no effect on him. What a liar, there was a group that kept running in front of his parade car with Howard signs, that really irritated him, and then the rest of us were along the route heckling him. Also at the end of the parade at the Art Museum MMR was looking for DeBella, but I saw him scurrying away with huge body guards about 15 blocks away. We yelled crap at him but he crawled away like a coward.

I like how he claims now it didn't bother him, but Howard did totally crush him, personally and professionally.

Jgatie

Banned
Oct 14, 2008
The Sam and Bobcat stuff was great. When Sam was riled he was absolutely vicious and cut right to the bone. Reminded how he once reduced Jessica to blubbering mess about 2.4 seconds into a phone call.

Jgatie

Banned
Oct 14, 2008
Today was great. Loved the Rocky, Bullwinkle and Ditka bit. The Van Halen interview was good too.

"Did you go right to Valerie or did McKenzie Phillips shoot you down?"

Neigh

Oct 16, 2008
New Jersey
I enjoyed the Scott Muny confrontation and Howard, in general, when he got on the megaphone at awards shows.