Hip Hop Nation is better of late

Discussion in 'Hip Hop, R&B, Old School' started by Bandit 5160, Jan 13, 2009.

1. Bandit 5160

Bandit 5160 Member

It's nice to see that the censorship on this channel is a lot less now! This has become a pretty good channel now. Censorship has no place on a channel like this. Now all we need to do is to get rid of it on The Heat. There is already a channel of mostly censored R&B/Hip Hop. It's called 20 on 20. There is also KISS on XM 21.

2. geosync

geosync Well-Known Member

Agreed, though it's still not as good as it was before the merge. Once we get backspin back on thursday, we should be in pretty good shape.

3. RyanSirius

RyanSirius Member

Definitely agreed. I think I se these mixshows (that I shat on) in a whole new light now that the channel is playing better music during the day. I still wish some of my old favorite mixshows were on, but the channel is back to life for me.

4. i-l-l

i-l-l Member

screw that, we need Raw back. The PD for hip hop needs to listen to his "work" How about I just run into Hi Hater by Maino on HHN when I flipped to Shade 45, it was just starting on that channel too. It's not the first time it's happened, but it's just showing that the hip hop category needs MAJOR help. One afternoon, I heard that Nas and Game song on 3 times.........in the same hour and no it wasn't being played by Leo G!

HHN need to establish it's own footprint on here other than an alternative for people that hate 50 Cent.

SIRIUS Playlist Search - Sirius Satellite Radio - DogstarRadio.com

Code:
    Channel	Artist	Title	Date	Time
    40	Maino	Hi Hater	1/14/2009	3:18:05 PM
    45	Maino	Hi Hater	1/14/2009	3:17:13 PM

5. geosync

geosync Well-Known Member

Yea, while things have gotten better since Nov. 12, there are far more repeats now than ever was on HHN on Sirius, or RAW ever had. Many of the songs RAW played are just gone now, and it even feels like HHN's playlist was cut back. On top of that we lose Backspin. Shade is generally untouched, and the Heat just plain sucks because of what it is. I agree, HHN could be something closer to a RAW type playlist, but with HHN's better presentation.

6. TacoKid

TacoKid Member

And I wish it really was a Hip Hop Nation. The spectrum of artist isn't big enough.

7. joe2k4

joe2k4 Member

Why does Jeezy play so much? Sometimes I think he is the only rapper left.

8. TacoKid

TacoKid Member

I don't know how many times I've seen Young Jeezy on HHN and Shade45 at the same time. The last time was this past Saturday. Twice!