Hip Hop Nation and Shade 45 Now Censored?

Dragline

Nov 12, 2008
I've tuned into Hip Hop Nation a couple of times today and noticed they've been playing censored music every time. So, I tuned over to Shade 45 for a bit and the first song I heard was censored as well. Is this a permanent change, or are they still working out the bugs? Censoring these stations really sucks the life out of them.

Dragline

Nov 12, 2008
I just started hearing some uncensored stuff on Shade 45. Hip Hop Nation is still censored though. Of the two, I prefer Hip Hop Nation, but not in its new censored state. I wonder why they changed this?

geosync

Oct 13, 2008
Portland, Or
The Rhyme and Raw were hardly uncensored channels all the time. Sure they played lots of uncensored songs, but much of the time the cuss words were cut out. Bummer, XM's rap channels really suffered under this philosophy, and it seems we're left with it. No backspin either. Ouch. Looks like I'm running out of reasons to keep either service after Howard retires.

geosync

Oct 13, 2008
Portland, Or
Ludacris's "Get Back" was on HHN just as I sent my last reply to this thread. The chorus plays now as I first heard it on testicle sack radio "Get back . . . . .you don't know me like that, Get back . . . . . you don't know me like that" Oooph, I hated that song years ago because of it, now HHN is censored at least to some degree. So we lose Backspin, and now HHN is a bitch ass channel. Oh, and Leo G is on there right now, double ooooph. :mad:

IronJabroni

Oct 13, 2008
alright I've had about enough of all this "change"
who's running things now, pat robertson????

geosync

Oct 13, 2008
Portland, Or
40 is now unlistenable. It used to be my jumpsetting. Now it plays censored versions of TI ft. rihanna, songs that typically played on hot jamz. Songs that I could have easily avoided as of yesterday.

Canceled one of my Sirius radios today, down to one and counting.

RyanSirius

Oct 11, 2008
Oh no... I trust Geo, and though I have yet to listen to this new HHN, I am NOT looking forward to it. If these channels are censored, this will be the end for me too.

RyanSirius

Oct 11, 2008
Ok, HHN is dead to me. Heard Rihanna and TI, and then a censored version of Stan. Are they gonna just have the mixshows uncensored? Shade 45 on the other hand is sounding good. Once that falls though, and it will, I'm out

OptimusNarwhal

Nov 13, 2008
This is a complete joke.

I'm now paying for shitty radio edit versions of tracks that I specifically intended to avoid by buying Sirius in the first place.

Seems like a pretty fucking stupid decision to censor subscription satellite radio to me.

DLariv308

Oct 27, 2008
MA
They tried this with Hot Jamz a few years back, It did not go over well and they changed it back quick. I am hoping this will be the case for this as well.

flap_jackson

Nov 10, 2008
I seriously doubt Shade will stick with the censoring, because, what the hell will Eminem say if he's censored? I mean, if you bleep rap, you basically hear a constant bleep. On the other hand, the HHN may just have some censored versions in the library, rather than the originals, which they'll probably replace after updating the library to "XL" status.

Fergz99

Oct 14, 2008
I called today and canceled and this was one of the big reasons why. I'm not going to pay for censored radio. I wasn't really happy with many of the changes to begin with and censoring the music was icing on the cake.

When I called Sirius the girl there didn't really seem to care. I asked her to write up a complaint and forward it and she basically told me to do it myself on the website. The girl at XM said that the music isn't being censored and I am the first person to complain about the music being censored.

I had high hopes for satellite radio, but after 4 years of poor choices, this channel merge and the censorship that followed was just too much for me to make more excuses and lower my expectations even further.

anyone know where I can get a good deal on an Ipod touch ?

RyanSirius

Oct 11, 2008
Shade 45 seems to be uncensored.HHN is dead to me. How do they cut DJ Wonder , DJ Amaze and others and replace them with nobodys. Where the hell is DJ Self??? They censored ass yesterday... Not only is "Hot Jamz" censored, but now HHN??? Why are they even calling this HHN? It's a totally different channel with different mixshows. This is not what I pay for, and I am so ready to cancel

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
anyone know where I can get a good deal on an Ipod touch ?

I love the iPod Touch, but if you like Radio, you really need to consider Slacker. You won't get anything censored there, I can promise you that unless you request it by checking off non explicit only during the setup.

Many are finding it a great replacement for the channels they lost on XM.

Fergz99

Oct 14, 2008
I love the iPod Touch, but if you like Radio, you really need to consider Slacker. You won't get anything censored there, I can promise you that unless you request it by checking off non explicit only during the setup.

Many are finding it a great replacement for the channels they lost on XM.
Hows the portable reception on slacker DAB ? I'm not sure I want to spend money without getting some kind of a trial on slacker.

JoeTan

Oct 14, 2008
God dammit I never thought I'd be looking for an e-mail address to bitch at these people but we have to! Anyone got Mel's address???