Hey there I need help with my factory xm Antenna!!!! PLEASE

Discussion in 'SiriusXM Install Bay' started by wvu4life, Sep 28, 2009.

1. wvu4life

wvu4life New Member

hey there i have a 2003 chevrolet cavalier Ls Sport coupe, it came with factory xm radio and has a factory shark fin antenna installed on the roof...I dont have xm, i have a new sirius sportster 4 and i am wonder how i can connect my new sirius reciever to my factory xm antenna to keep the nice stock look and so i dont have too add a new antenna, ....i think i can do it but i have no clue where the factory xm tuner is in my car? please help thanks
  2. MAJ Badmotherfarker

MAJ Badmotherfarker is drinking a beer.

I had a factory XM tuner and wanted Sirius in a mini cooper (2003) and I had to change the tuner (it was in the trunk) and the antenna. I'm guessing it's going to be the same for you. Beyond that, depending on what you're hoping to listen to on Sirius, it might be better to use the factory XM and just buy the XM plus "best of Sirius" package.
  3. no1hedberg

no1hedberg Member

There is a member on this board that can make custom cables to connect a factory antenna to an aftermarket radio. I believe his name is brianrwebb. Look him up. He doesn't come around much, so it may take awhile to get back to you, but he's a real nice, and helpful guy.
  4. TSS Taylor

TSS Taylor DRC Fan

Are you positive your car is XM Ready? 2003 sounds kinda early for that kind of car. We have an antenna adapter for the older dual plugs GM XM to SIRIUS Dual Input Antenna Adapter

But you would need to make sure that your vehicle had the factory XM antenna and you may need this 20 Foot Vehicle Antenna Extension Cable as well to reach to your Sportster 4.

I did let Brian R Webb know about this thread and he should be checking it out. He does know a lot about this stuff.
  5. brianrwebb

brianrwebb New Member

if you have an XM Tuner in the vehicle, it will be in the Trunk Passenger Side behind the inner wall trunk lining; see if you have a Double or Single Lead.

there was very little rhyme or reason to the Dual/Single OEM lead configuration in the GM/Chevy line, except to say that in the earliest of years when XM was first introduced all 03 model years had Dual Lead antenna. however, some 04 model year vehicles had Singles and the same year but different model car would have a Double.
    so after the first initial release it was completely dependant on the model of the car.

until recently, Hybrid Honda still used Dual Lead, up until the 08 year.

email me at the address below if i can offer any further help. brian-
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2009
    hyson and Aaron like this.
  6. hyson

hyson Forum Jerk

Looks like we have someone who knows what the hell they're talking about!! :churn:

+1 bud.
  7. MAJ Badmotherfarker

MAJ Badmotherfarker is drinking a beer.

Why does brianrwebb have an IED for his avatar? :eek:
  8. hyson

hyson Forum Jerk

:idunno: I tried making that image larger to see the detail of it.

Maybe he's blowing stuff up in his free time.....or making stuff for Sirius|XM radios.
  9. limegrass69

limegrass69 Confused

Or maybe he blows up Sirius/XM radios?
  10. hyson

hyson Forum Jerk

BOOM!

/red dragons.
  11. brianrwebb

brianrwebb New Member

an IED?!
    HAHAHA, nooo

its a HONSC1 coupled to a SCC1 Tuner, with an OEM XM/Sirius antenna adapter for an all-in-one OEM installation!

[​IMG]

come on now, all of us knows what an IED looks like!

[​IMG]

btw, when 4 artillery shells arent good enough, stick an anti-tank mine in the mix, just for an extra KICK! and remember, when you make your IED
    keep the dark shells to one side and the light shells to the opposite side and always put your mines in the center, this way it gives your piece a nice cohesive aesthetic look from the roadway-