Hey Moody

fishy

Dec 2, 2008
Up heah in Maine
Is Dave Rodman related to Dennis Rodman?
I never considered that before today, but now I realize he's probably at least as screwed up as Dennis!

DexterMorgan

Oct 22, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Dave Rodman is a writer for espn.com isnt he?

That opinion is wrong. If a car loses it and comes sliding through the grass and hits that tire, that tire will go flying in an unknown location, potentially into the crowd where it could KILL people.

Ruaidh

Oct 15, 2008
Didn't that very thing happen not too long ago?

I seem to remember a tire being hit and travelling about a quarter mile to bounce over a fence and damage a trailer.

NASCAR HAD to through a yellow flag.

foyt

Oct 23, 2008
South of Terre Haute
Dave Rodman is a writer for espn.com isnt he?

That opinion is wrong. If a car loses it and comes sliding through the grass and hits that tire, that tire will go flying in an unknown location, potentially into the crowd where it could KILL people.

Rodman also has a column on nascar.com

I think a few years back, a wheel came loose at the Indy 500 and did kill someone in the stands, nearly in the top row on the north end of the track, as I recall.

k9feces

Oct 20, 2008
He said that it wouldn't have hurt Nascar much if the crewmember was killed by a car sliding into the infield.

MichaelC

Oct 14, 2008
Someone who writes for nascar.com isn't necessarily an employee of NASCAR. Last I knew Turner Interactive owned the rights to nascar.com and they pretty much control all of the editorializing on the site. NASCAR doesn't have much say in the matter. Someone is free to correct me if i'm wrong about that.

riskybzns

Oct 11, 2008
land of confusion
i believe nascar did the right thing by throwing the caution, but i can understand to a point why the crew member did what he did. he is a firefighter in charlotte, so something like that triggered him to retrieve the tire as he is trained to take risk.

those crew members risk that week in and week out and can easily get killed during a routine pit stop unfortunately.

DexterMorgan

Oct 22, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
I remember it happening at a Nascar race, I cant remember where though. Wasnt it lowes when Brian Vickers crashed in the 600 last year?

It happened at Mighigan in 1998 for CART. The US 500 had an early crash and a tire and spindle of Adrian Fernandez's car went into the stands killing some people.

yippeekyaa

Oct 21, 2008
I can see Uranus from here
While we are on this "hey moody" thread. Kevin Harvick lives in Oak Ridge NC, not Kernersville. It came up when Dave was talking about the arrangement between harvick and Martinsville for members of his fanclub to get tickets for 66 bucks. I ride by his beautiful home 2 to 6 times a day depending on my route that day. Gated of course, never been past the gate. Chris Daughtry of american idol fame is his next door neighbor.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
I think a few years back, a wheel came loose at the Indy 500 and did kill someone in the stands, nearly in the top row on the north end of the track, as I recall.

It happened at Mighigan in 1998 for CART. The US 500 had an early crash and a tire and spindle of Adrian Fernandez's car went into the stands killing some people.

At Michigan and also at Lowe's when the IRL used to race there. Humpy Wheeler said he'd never have the open wheel car back at his track because if it. I think in both cased, three people were killed because of the tire bouncing into the grandstands...:shock:

Someone who writes for nascar.com isn't necessarily an employee of NASCAR. Last I knew Turner Interactive owned the rights to nascar.com and they pretty much control all of the editorializing on the site. NASCAR doesn't have much say in the matter. Someone is free to correct me if i'm wrong about that.

That is correct. Turner runs NASCAR.com. NASCAR want nothing to do with running there website. Then fan would have a way to e-mail NASCAR...:rolleyes:

BTW, RacingOne.com is owned by ISC, the sister company to NASCAR, so they sort of have a hand in a website...:)

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
I remember it happening at a Nascar race, I cant remember where though. Wasnt it lowes when Brian Vickers crashed in the 600 last year?

Correct. Nobody was hurt or killed. That is, other than the popup tent trailer that it hit. It collapsed the bed on the end closest the track. Supposedly, someone was in the trailer at the time but was not injured. The fans and NASCAR were very lucky that day! They didn't even let the people that owned the trailer keep the souvenir!

Article here......

NASCAR.COM - Coca-Cola 600 more about survival than a fast racecar - May 26, 2008