ESPN Classic: Monday, August 10 at 1:00pm/et
SPEED, Wednesday, August 12 at 12:00pm/et

Weather Link..... Watkins Glen, NY - 5 Day Weather Forecast

Heluva Good - Great name for a race.

Double-file restarts into Turn 1 here = nightmare :scared:

Most Poles: 3 - Mark Martin, Dale Earnhardt

Most Top 5s: 12 - Mark Martin

Most Top 10s: 16 - Mark Martin

Oldest Winner: Geoffrey Bodine, 47 years, 3 months, 24 days - I'd like to see Mark get that record too.

Youngest Winner: Jeff Gordon, 26 years, 6 days, 8/10/1997 - That record could easily be beat this weekend.

I'll go with Mark Martin. It's been a while since he won here.

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
I love the two road courses they're a nice change of pace.
Go 24!! & 18!! A win by the 14 would be cool too.

Once again I'll br listening on Sirius as I won't be near a tv. Good thing they do a great job.

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
Double-file restarts into Turn 1 here = nightmare

I can't wait to see it. This new restart has changed many tracks and is starting to make me a fan of the road courses. I'm now wishing one was in the chase. It sure would be better than Auto Club Speedway (which still boggles my mind).

As usual....anybody but Jimmie.

I hope they have qualifying....this points starting thing ticks me off. I don't know why I care though....ever since the top 35 I don't pay any attention to qualifying.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
I'm going with Jeff Gordon for this race.

I'll go with Kevin Harvick as my dark horse :)

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
Well, my Sunday will be full. After watching the race I'll have football sunday night!

:bigclap:

I'm gonna go with Marcos Ambrose (if Kyle can't win it). I like that guy everytime I hear him being interviewed....and I've been impressed with his driving.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Just like they have the abikity to throw on some rain tire if it rains this weekend, they also have the ability to throw a local caution if someone runs off the course & into the kitty litter :worried:
Posted via Mobile Device

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
Well, the NW race wasn't a real screamer but I expect (hope) the cup race will be a little better considering the talent and the cars.

And I gotta say....with so many complaining about Kyle.....he ain't no Robby Gordon. That guy is out of control now. And I really hope nascar will sit him out for a while. It's as if he's just decided that if ANYBODY dares touch his car he's going to crash them no matter how it's done or how many laps it takes.

foyt

Oct 23, 2008
South of Terre Haute
Well, the NW race wasn't a real screamer but I expect (hope) the cup race will be a little better considering the talent and the cars.

And I gotta say....with so many complaining about Kyle.....he ain't no Robby Gordon. That guy is out of control now. And I really hope nascar will sit him out for a while. It's as if he's just decided that if ANYBODY dares touch his car he's going to crash them no matter how it's done or how many laps it takes.

And the widdle ole Sliced Bread says "stupid is forever".

:ter:

yippeekyaa

Oct 21, 2008
I can see Uranus from here
I saw that "stupid is forever" comment. Lagano couldn't have said it better. Its a shame to Robby Gordon that a teenager is showing more maturity on track than he is.

Anyone read this article by Jenna Fryer?

Montoya's Chase plans irks NASCAR - NASCAR - Yahoo! Sports

A quote from it.
"Everybody knows he’s one of the best road-course racers in the world, and if he can’t win on the 11-turn, 2.45-mile New York course, then maybe he’s not really championship material."

Jena looks like this ---->:chicken: with that statement.

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
"Montoya griped about an alleged directive from chairman Brian France, who apparently disliked Montoya publicly admitting he’s been “Chase racing.”"

Read that quote again....notice the KEY word there....."directive".

Well, it's true. Call it points racing or "chase racing".....it's what drivers have to do....play the game as nascar has it set up. But nascar doesn't want drivers to talk about certain things....like Tony's rant on fake cautions or tires, etc.

I tell you who plays the game VERY well.....and that's Jimmie Johnson. He is like a politician, and so is Carl Edwards, about getting their opinion on things like the COT and aero push out in public without the heavies coming down on them.

I remember so many times how when Dale would say something then nascar would soon make a change. Which is why I wish Jr. would speak out more because I've heard his opinion on several issues and I think he's right.

As for Jenna.....let's just say I don't miss her on Sirius. ;)

foyt

Oct 23, 2008
South of Terre Haute
As for Jenna.....let's just say I don't miss her on Sirius. ;)

Amen. The article is her opinion, and as they say, we all have opinions...and other things too. Robert Montgomery Knight said it best "We all learned how to write in the first grade. Some of us went on to other things."

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
More than likely the race will be available here today. They had it here for the Pocono race and are normally broadcasting the regular race weekends as well.

Justin.tv