HELP! I need to reach Slacker by phone ASAP

Bandit 5160

Oct 31, 2008
I think I accidentally double-charged my new premium accont. I need to cancel one of the two so I'm not paying for it twice! I have two $1 holds on my checking account. I couldn't find a number at slacker.com. Does anybody have a Slacker phone number where I can actually talk to someone live?

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
I think I accidentally double-charged my new premium accont. I need to cancel one of the two so I'm not paying for it twice! I have two $1 holds on my checking account. I couldn't find a number at slacker.com. Does anybody have a Slacker phone number where I can actually talk to someone live?

They have no phone support, you will have to email or contact them via the support chat setup.

Oct 29, 2008

I can't imagine they will charge you twice on the same account. You can look at your account page to see what it says. You can find that in the options tab under the play button via your computer player. I'm sure you can confirm everything on Monday with support. Chat works very well. I think they open at either 8 or 9 am pacific time. They are in San Diego.

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
I wish the public were informed as to how Debit cards differ than Credit Cards. If you attempt an online transaction with a debit card is has to verify the funds are their and it temp withdraws the amount. If the online system gets a decline perhaps by a security feature like mismatched billing address or incorrect 3 digit security code then it will still be an authorization on the card for 1-2 days until the banks system recognizes the transaction was declined from outside the bank.

Anyway it's complicated but I can pretty much guarantee that's what happened. So the second time you probably realized some info was entered in wrong or something.

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
I have found their tech support to be very helpful through e-mail.

I had signed up for the free 7 day trial, intending it to be just that, a free week. On the 7th day, I made sure it was set to revert back to the free service. Wouldn't you know, the 8th and 9th day, I'm still listening to Premium.

I sent Slacker an e-mail, and within an hour, I got assurance that they were going to put my account back to the way it was, and my credit card would not be charged. I was very impressed by the quick response, and will consider paying for Premium in the future.