HD Radio Signal in Los Angeles

Nov 6, 2008
Anyone live in the Los Angeles area who have an HD radio. I live no more than 30-40 miles away from any of the big stations out there like 93.1 Jack FM, 104.3 KBIG, 106.7 KROQ that all have HD channels. I was interested in how is the HD singal for you. I figure I'm more than close enough to Receive all the local radio stations in HD on a HD radio.

Oct 29, 2008
I did not even realize folks listen to FM still. I thought HD died to be honest. Do you find FM fills your needs ? Have you ran into others in your area that use HD ? Sorry I can't help. I'm just curious why your not using some other digital music outlet. How does HD attract you ?

PocketRadio

Dec 8, 2008
"I did not even realize folks listen to FM still. I thought HD died to be honest. Do you find FM fills your needs ? Have you ran into others in your area that use HD ? Sorry I can't help. I'm just curious why your not using some other digital music outlet. How does HD attract you ?"

He's just another one that fell victim to HD Radio's false claims. Personalized music services, such as Pandora, Last.fm, Slacker, etc. are killing HD Radio - just makes sense.

limegrass69

Confused
Oct 12, 2008
New York
Practically speaking, HD signals do not carry as far as their analog counterparts. Coverage maps are theoretical. You'll have to give it a shot in the "real world" to see what happens.

Things like terrain and multipath can be big factors.

Pick up a radio...but make sure you know the store's return policy in case you're not happy.