'Hat Man' Update

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
Do you remember Bill Brodrick, the 'Hat Man'? I bet he's got a lot of stories to tell! Here's a little update from Jayski's site.....

What is the 'Hat Man' up to? Bill Brodrick, known as the 'Hat Man', who worked for Unocal's 76 [formerly the official fuel of NASCAR] and used to great the winning drivers in the winners circle. Brodrick, emailed with an update: "I am back running my gin joint, the Tavern at the Bridge, here in Algonquin, IL located at Route 62 at the Fox River. After turning the business over to my son in 2007 he decided he wanted out and I went back to running things in January of' 2008. Heck, I had 34 years of racing experience. Might as well but it to good use and run a tavern. I still get one of my trading cards in the mail (P. O. Box 14, Algonquin, IL 60102) once in a while for an autograph which I'm more than happy to do. I have a lot of old racing memorabilia in the Tavern and fans come in to watch the big screen and BS. That's the one thing I miss about being out of the business.....the fans. Race fans are the greatest people in the world. And they never forget you. If anyone comes through Algonquin (40 miles NW of Chicago) they're more than welcome to stop by. The beer is always cold and the popcorn fresh. God bless"