Has your service improved or not with new Sirius sat?

Has your Sirius sat signal improved?

• Better, I have a S facing window

Votes: 16 44.4%
  • Better, I do not have a S window - I point at MN

Votes: 8 22.2%
  • No change. I have a S facing window

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • No change. I do not have a S window - I point at MN

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • Worse - I have a S facing window

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Worse - I do not have a S window - I point at MN

Votes: 3 8.3%

• Total voters

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Please indicate one of the 6 choices -- is your signal better, worse or no change and where are you pointing your antenna.

drdroo

#1 by Women 18-24
Staff member
Oct 9, 2008
Bangor, ME USA
Here in Maine using a car antenna I have signal in most of my house now. We're 4 hours from the nearest repeater. BIG difference compared to how it used to be.

I don't have my antenna near any window, just had a Directed Replacement Antenna sitting on an old popcorn tin and I get full power.

My Stiletto 2 gets an internal antenna signal in some places of the house. It's not really an ideal setup for satellite access though. I suspect it works MUCH better outside than it used to. :)

With that said, my Stiletto 2 works great on my Polk MiDock using the Car antenna too. I'd use the Home antenna but I had a car antenna right handy.

Blitz71

Oct 12, 2008
Elizabethtown, PA
www.myspace.com
I have an outdoor antenna mounted on the South Western corner of my house and I use an Echo Repeater. I usually always have 3 bars now. I used to get drop outs, usually in the evening hours, occasionally.

I tested a clam shell antenna last week. I connected the antenna and faced out my South facing sliding glass door. The antenna was on the dining room table about 4 feet from the glass. I got 2 bars, where before I would have gotten zilch.

kc1ih

Oct 16, 2008
Hudson, Florida
I didn't vote because all the options talk about windows. I don't need no stinkin' windows!

Seriously, my only receiver is in my car, and reception has improved quite a bit on local streets with trees.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I didn't vote because all the options talk about windows. I don't need no stinkin' windows!

Seriously, my only receiver is in my car, and reception has improved quite a bit on local streets with trees.

I was kind of thinking and asking about home reception. I can see how the new sat would improve car reception.

geosync

Oct 13, 2008
Portland, Or
Everyone, forget about the old windowsill setup. It is not the way to go anymore. Put the antenna on the floor if you have to, near the window, and into the wall (facing south of course). You'll be amazed.

Biaviian

Nov 17, 2008
It hasn't done a damn thing for me. I only have it in my car and I see no improvement on reception through leaves. They claimed it would improve in that situation but not for me!

JoeTan

Oct 14, 2008
I find it does even if there is still drop outs. If you watch the antenna aiming levels I notice that there instead of bouncing from 1/3 to 2/3 full it goes from 1/3 to 3/3 (full) signal as I drive through the coverage.

definitely not as bad in Mass under the cover of trees.

drdroo

#1 by Women 18-24
Staff member
Oct 9, 2008
Bangor, ME USA
It hasn't done a damn thing for me. I only have it in my car and I see no improvement on reception through leaves. They claimed it would improve in that situation but not for me!

Depends on the leaves really. Anything that contains a lot of water is really a pain in the butt with microwave, especially for the distance from the satellite.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I noticed no improvement walking the dog (not the forum). The dropouts were under the same trees. No more dropouts, no less.

kingchuck69

Joker! Joker! Joker!
Oct 11, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
chuck69.com
I'm in Michigan (Grand Rapids) and I usually yank out my antenna to the middle of the yard to get a signal.

Now, my antenna's still outside, but not as far outside the window and I still get two bars.

Sirius01_8

Oct 14, 2008
Never had a problem with the reception although the service itself has gotten worse since the merger.