Has everyone moved on?

yippeekyaa

Oct 21, 2008
I can see Uranus from here
In a way, yes. I've moved on from listening to the nascar channel. I've become indifferent to the sport. I occasionally watch parts of a race but have never watched a complete race this year. The only host on the channel that can keep my interest for more that 15 minutes is Moody. Until he takes a call that is. As recently as 2 years ago I listened to TMD some in the morning and nearly all of Speedway. I found myself changing the channels with more frequency as the same callers or type of callers kept saying the same things over and over again. "change this, change that, blah blah blah." It eventually got to the point where I never listen to TMD and only listen to Speedway until the first time Moody said "whoever from wherever, you're on the air". At that point I reach for the dial.

It's my opinion that the lack of activity in this forum means that it's not just me that has moved on from nascar 128.

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
I never listen to sirius speedway anymore. Mainly because 95% of my listening it done online now. :( it sucks but what can you do? Also, I've only half watched this year simply because I'm sick of watching Jimmie Johnson run away with it every year. I PVR and then watch a race in less than half the time. If its a track I like I watch more of it.
Its just gotten predictable. I'm going to pay attention to the first few chase races and see where it goes. If its the same as the last four years then I'm done for a season or two.

down4six

Oct 14, 2008
Southern Colorado
www.twitter.com
I have not been able to get into NASCAR this year as well. I have watched a few of the races, and enjoyed them, but I can''t stay tuned into any of the Sirius shows. Part of it is because you can't listen online, which is the only way I can listen at work. But also between the banter of TMD and the idiots calling to Moody's show that want to talk about Jr., I find other things to listen to. Maybe we're all just burned out on NASCAR..... :confused:

yippeekyaa

Oct 21, 2008
I was wondering why this NASCAR forum has been so quiet.
Anything we can do to get this place active again?

Sure, fire Mike Bagley, Pete Pistone, Choclate Myers, Chad Knaus, Snail Earndhart Jr, and lastly but most importantly.............Claire B. Lang. Then shorten the length of the races so that all races can go from green to checkers in 3 hours MAX. Then do split screen advertising. Next, show the races on TV on THE SAME CHANNEL FOR THE ENTIRE SEASON. Work out a deal with turner broadcasting so that 128 can be streamed online. Finally, force everyone that calls in to shows to only be able to call in using a phone app that physically shocks the caller with violent force when they reveal to the show host that they have no business on a phone or a national live call in show. The show host has control of the shock button.

Do all of that and I might come back regularly to the channel, nascar and this forum.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN

The programs I've been listening to have really gotten bad. The Morning Drive is unlistenable. I can't remember the last time I listened to the show.

I've never listened to Tradin' Paint because The Frank DeCaro Show comes on at that time. I started listening to Frank a year before NASCAR came to Sirius.

Sirius Speedway is only good for news. I don't really care to listen to Moody anymore. His banter has gotten old. Can't stand listening to some of the people he has on every week. Kenny Wallace has gotten old.

The only person I like listening to is Pat Patterson. His show is the best :)

Then of course the races I listen to because I'm always out on the road.

NASCAR has really screwed up the sport, too. Change this. Change that. Everytime some calls in to complain, the hosts just defend NASCAR.

It really has gotten old.

NASCAR has tried to make things exciting but they're just driving away fans.

Plus football has started. Who wants to talk about NASCAR now?
Posted via Mobile Device

riskybzns

Oct 11, 2008
land of confusion
Sure, fire Mike Bagley, Pete Pistone, Choclate Myers, Chad Knaus, Snail Earndhart Jr, and lastly but most importantly.............Claire B. Lang.

she should be the first to go. it maybe a lame excuse, but i think she is the main reason why i hardly listen to 128 anymore. i mean, she pretty much taken over the channel. i'll catch the repeat of moody and the gang, and sometimes when i'm just feeling lazy and not wanting to get out of bed i'll listen to pat patterson on the weekends, but other than that i don't listen to it like i use too.

as far as the postings here on the board, i think a few people have just got tired and moved on because of a few people who did nothing but spew hate over here. i'm pretty sure that's why moody and bagman stop posting here.

yippeekyaa

Oct 21, 2008
as far as the postings here on the board, i think a few people have just got tired and moved on because of a few people who did nothing but spew hate over here. i'm pretty sure that's why moody and bagman stop posting here.

Speaking of spewing hate, where has our old friend Dextermorgan been lately? Love him or hate him, i sometimes enjoyed his opinions. I always thought of him as the lovable curmudgeon of this forum.

down4six

Oct 14, 2008
Southern Colorado
www.twitter.com
I figured I'd add my 2 cents to what's been said...

Sure, fire Mike Bagley, Pete Pistone, Choclate Myers, Chad Knaus, Snail Earndhart Jr, and lastly but most importantly.............Claire B. Lang.
Something needs to be done with TMD. It is my "commute" show, so I only get to listen to 15-20 mins. And when it's non-NASCAR related and more morning show, I find something better. Rarely hear any of TP. I dunno if they need to fire Knaus or the others need to "step up". Jr. needs to step aside and become a spokeperson for the sport, since it seems like the pressure gets to him (his words). Claire B. is tough to listen to, but she seems to get the interviews :confused:

Then shorten the length of the races so that all races can go from green to checkers in 3 hours MAX. Then do split screen advertising. Next, show the races on TV on THE SAME CHANNEL FOR THE ENTIRE SEASON.
Totally agree. I have watched a few races through the Directv hotpass, that's much better. they even had the same feed as sirius (can't remember which).

Work out a deal with turner broadcasting so that 128 can be streamed online.
They have all these "showcase" channels I never listen to, make a NASCAR one with live shows or even replays...

Finally, force everyone that calls in to shows to only be able to call in using a phone app that physically shocks the caller with violent force when they reveal to the show host that they have no business on a phone or a national live call in show. The show host has control of the shock button.
Agree 1,000 percent.

riskybzns

Oct 11, 2008
land of confusion
as far as claire goes, any of those annoucers can get the interviews. the only thing playin in her favor is she is a female.

and directv's hot pass will air mrn's feed only when espn/abc is airing the race. todays hot pass feeds were all done by espn's because it was a prn race.

NoWayHozay

Jan 5, 2009
I remember when 128 first came on the air, I locked it in and ripped the knob off. Really good stuff, Poole was awesome in spite of Snider being the co-host, Ricky Craven and Buddy Baker in the Driver's Seat, Moody wasn't all played out yet. I never missed Stewart's show....

...and now:
- A worthless morning show
- A midday show that struggles to be mediocre
- A Speedway show that has moments of excellence, but generally sounds tired
- Too much Claire B.

All that aside, it's the call-in format of everything that has killed it for me. I really can't stand the callers anymore. I'll be enjoying an informative and intelligent show on the channel, and boom! someone calls in and ruins it all.

John Daly has crusaded for a few years to get 128 streamed over the internet. For those that don't have access to it, it may sound like a great idea. But all in all, you'd have people listen for a few minutes and log off after a few callers. There's is so much junk in between the good bits, it's really not worth the time to deal with.

IMO, what Sirius/MRN need to look at is separating the news/interviews from the call-ins. I would gladly listen for an hour to a show on Mondays, recapping the weekend's events, complete with interviews and soundbites. I would gladly listen to a half-hour show every day during the week that had all the day's news and soundbites neatly packaged.

Second, give some driver his own show. The loss of Stewart's show was big. The channel needs a name-brand regular driver to be on the air for an hour or two every week. Biffle has a radio studio in his shop, give him a shot. Not that he has the time, but a Harvick show would be fascinating. Anyone other than Kenny Wallace would be fascinating.

I hope over the off-season, the channel does some work to freshen things up, but I kind of doubt it. Really needs to happen, tho'. Any radio show gets stale after a while, and 128 has a whole lot of stale right now.

DexterMorgan

Oct 22, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
A year and half ago I started listening to Hockey Night in Canada radio on Sirius 97/127 and after listening to that, I found myself even more disinterested than I was becoming. Its a call in show, pretty much the same format as most of the SNR shows but they have 3 things going for it, an incredibly intelligent host, even more intelligent and hooked up co-hosts, and most importantly callers who don't sound like retards. It shocked me to how normal people actually call up and can have normal conversations with these hosts without getting a) interrupted every 3rd word or b) hung up on because they don't agree with their opinion. Since I started listening to that, Ive found it very difficult to listen to 128.

My opinion on the shows is the same as NowayHozay. When SNR started in 2007 I listened because I liked David Poole. John Kernan's show was a treat because it was laid back and fairly respectful. There is no question that things haven't been the same since David died but Sirius has done absolutely nothing to fill his spot with anybody who can have a worthy opinion. Mike Bagley and Pete Pistone need to go. Between "Standing up!!" and calling the 2009 Brickyard 400 a great race, they have no business being on and opinion driven radio show. Dave Moody needs a proper co-host capable of holding a Nascar conversation. I feel his talents are being wasted with the format he has. The middle show needs to be re-vamped. We need get rid of these Nascar shills and get more personalities who arent drawing a paycheck from a France. I actually don't mind Claire B Lang because she seems to be impartial. She will actually talk about phantom debris cautions without hanging up on callers.

Its not the forums fault people arent posting, interest in the sport and the channel have decreased this year.

Reactions: yippeekyaa

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
I got tired of the endless bitch posts. One after the other day after day. I like talking NASCAR and the current events of NASCAR. This forum used to be like that.

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH

bathurst_girls-300x225.jpg