Has Anyone Had This Antenna Issue? (SL2)

Discussion in 'Sirius Radios' started by down4six, Jan 14, 2009.

1. down4six

down4six Well-Known Member

About a month ago, my stiletto home kit setup quit, and I recieved the "antenna not connected" error message on the unit. So I went into troubleshooting mode, and hooked the antenna to my base for my g/f's Starmate 3, and worked fine, so I assumed it was the stiletto base. Bought another one (from TSS Radio), plugged it in, and the same error message pops up on the stiletto. I have tried plugging and unplugging, wiggling the connection, all with no results. I am assuming it is the antenna, but I thought I would pick the group's brain to see if anyone has seen this. Any feedback greatly appreciated!

2. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing Sherbert is not and never will be ice cream

You can get this message after a power outage or power spike. The SL2 base seems to be also very sensitive to static (discovered this on my recent trip to Saskatoon where humidity was near 0). Try taking out your SL2 and putting it to sleep. Power Cyle the base, and re-insert the SL2. If it is a power or static issue, this should correct the problem.

I always have my SL2 on a surge protector power bar. This has reduced these type of issues tremendously. The big yellow ones are $20 at WalMart in Canada. They are probably cheaper in the States.

3. SSF

SSF Member

Hi! Could you kindly email me (it's in my signature) with some additional details? I think we can help you out here at TSS-Radio. Thanks!

4. down4six

down4six Well-Known Member

UPDATE- Plugged the home kit into my vehicle setup (antenna and power), and it worked. So I'm pretty sure the home antenna is FUBAR'ed. :(

5. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

Yeah that seems pretty logical, those home antenna while they don't fail as often as the car ones, they certain do fail from time to time.

Glad you figured it out! Good Job! :)