Hard to stay mad at Sirius

TOM C.

Oct 25, 2008
Charleston SC
I had some issues back in July with charging me $3.99 for best of Xm while running a special for $1.99 on the web site. After not getting the issue settled with the first Indian lady, I spoke with a mgr and before I was done trying to get $4 fee into a $2 fee she gave me half off the whole bill, saving me about $80.
Then in September I Bought a new S-2 with boombox from Sirius.com for $129 if I paid for 3 months up front. I called and turned on the S-2 and got help with stopping service to the s-100. The rep came up with the plan to stop service to the S-100 and let the 3 months run the coarse and call back to start the old service back up and move it over to the S-2. That was 9-30-09, well I logged in today 12-28-09 planing to get this done. What I found on my account summery was on 12-19-09 I was charged full price quarterly plan almost $60 with fees and taxes. I called raising hell about repeated F-ups dealing with my account, I said I had a plan that was BEFORE the music fees, and I had the half off plan from July, I was still mad and blathering on when she starting hitting buttons. Now some how I have the Sirius with XM through next December and I also show an $11 credit, So for calling and trying to get my first half off plan restarted that I did not ask for in July, I now have a new half off good through next December AND a $11 credit.

Trust me, I will take it, and also my wifes XM in the Saturn is half off when she called and tried to cancel due to vary lite use, 3 days a week lass then a hour a day, she was offered half off not to cancel, I told her to just keep it for that price.

I am now good up thru the contracts of my 2 shows almost to the day. I want to say that I NEVER said I would cancel if I did not get a deal, I would not cancel my account until it got over maybe $30 a month, I use my Sirius many more hours a day then i use my much higher priced cable.

And no I cant get it from a iPod or reg radio, I pay for live talent.

geosync

Oct 13, 2008
Portland, Or
I've had a few billing issues akin to that over the years. I have a crapload of friends and family on both my Sirius and XM accounts, but usually it all works out. I pay over 30 bucks a month (now with the new royalty fees) for having radios on both services, but I have satellite wherever I am or want to go, and I canceled cable tv which I wasn't watching anymore.

TOM C.

Oct 25, 2008
Charleston SC
UPDATE: This morning I get in the work van and the S-2 says call to activate, I just shook my head and said well both shows are on vacation and I have audio-books on the Zune, will call tonight, Then I thought to my self, did they turn the s-100 back on after all the crap I went through, YES THEY DID.

Vols44

Oct 18, 2008
Haggling is a way of life in countries outside the U.S. A lot of people expect (and deserve) excellent customer service. Naturally the level of cooperation you get from strangers varies greatly. Continuing to rant til you get what you want seems to be the status quo. The trick use to be asking and getting results from customer satisfaction. Since this is an open website a different plan of action is necessary.

Good luck to all when dialing 1-888-539-sirius. :)

Reactions: Aaron

TOM C.

Oct 25, 2008
Charleston SC
UPDATE

found a $220.45 charge on the old credit card from 7-27-10, I fu*king hit the roof, I had a ton of issues back from 09 when I had to pay 3 month for a special price on S-2 at SIRIUS.com, and ending up getting the old half off deal for the 2nd time. I just hung up with "JOHN" and now have the half off deal for the 3rd time, I have never said I will cancel because I dont want to take the chance that they will say OK, But each time I call mad and want to talk to someone about the problems with my account I am given the half deal. Im happy now, I guess its worth them F-ing it up because I save $110.
PS- The wife is on her 2nd year with half off XM, she doesn't really care to much about it so the last 2 times she has got the bill she calls to cancel and they give her the deal to keep her.

TX WJ

Intelligent Donkey
Oct 15, 2008
Chucktown
When we traded my wifes van and bought her a new one, it took 5 calls and about 4 hours to get the new van turned on, my car kept on and the old van turned off.:confused: