Hank on Superfan Roundtable?

slab0meat

Apr 20, 2009
NJ
I was just listening to my recording... you got on, but cut off? Mutt seemed surprised.... Any idea what happened?

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
hank, please stop calling SFR. mutt is a loud-mouthed tool who yells the whole time and even without that the show fuckin totally blows. if you keep calling that show i may have to start recording it and i dont want to get sucked into that waste of an hour. thanks.

-jhdk

hank-the-dwarf

Oct 12, 2008
Baltimore Md
hank, please stop calling SFR. mutt is a loud-mouthed tool who yells the whole time and even without that the show fuckin totally blows. if you keep calling that show i may have to start recording it and i dont want to get sucked into that waste of an hour. thanks.

-jhdk
The show does suck :hhh:

MAJ Badmotherfarker

is drinking a beer.
Oct 11, 2008
Washington D.C.
Super fan roundtable is about the most obnoxious show that I've ever heard. I say Hank spams the shit out of them. That would be about the only interesting thing that ever happened on that abortion of a show.

jef

Power Pig, Hello!
Oct 12, 2008
That would be about the only interesting thing that ever happened on that abortion of a show.

The only interesting thing that has ever happened on that show was how butt-hurt Mutt got when they did the Celebrity version without him.

Ifandorbut

Oct 12, 2008
My favorite moment from SFRT was when Spin Sabien was on trying to spin how marvelous it was that Sirius was able to rerun Bubba's censored FM show and how the fans of Howard were clamoring to have "Best of the Week" on Friday.

kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
My favorite moment from SFRT was when Spin Sabien was on trying to spin how marvelous it was that Sirius was able to rerun Bubba's censored FM show and how the fans of Howard were clamoring to have "Best of the Week" on Friday.

It's not "marvelous." It's the best of a bad situation. "Marvelous" would be live Monday - Thursday from 3-7 with a live show Friday from 6-10 followed by Spice's Wrap-Up Show from 10-11. Repeats at 11 AM and 3 PM.

What I don't get is why they feel the need to run a West Coast Feed during Howard's vacations. Find something to air from until 11 AM. Put Bubba live at 11 AM, then re-air that show at 3 PM.

Bubba has said he doesn't mind doing 2 shows. It was the 6 AM to 7 PM "away from home/wife/kids" schedule that was getting to him. If Bubba doesn't mind doing two shows, then let him do them.

And if you don't like it, don't listen. As Tim said (and it's true), you're not paying just for two channels. If you don't like what's on 100/101, change the channel. Find some other talk, or music, or whatever.

Does anyone listen to Best of the Week on 100? I may scan by it to see what they're playing, but i've usually got 101 on all day Friday.

Ifandorbut

Oct 12, 2008
It's not "marvelous." It's the best of a bad situation. "Marvelous" would be live Monday - Thursday from 3-7 with a live show Friday from 6-10 followed by Spice's Wrap-Up Show from 10-11. Repeats at 11 AM and 3 PM.

And if you don't like it, don't listen. As Tim said (and it's true), you're not paying just for two channels. If you don't like what's on 100/101, change the channel. Find some other talk, or music, or whatever.

I don't listen to Bubba, so it isn't any skin off my nose. It was a bad situation because of the approach Tim took originally with Bubba. It was made worse for Sirius by agreeing to put the current schedule into place. The end result is the fans pay for a censored version of a show they used to get uncensored. It appears that the fans don't really care, they'll take what they can get and they seem happy to pay for it.

I don't listen to "best of the week". I used to listen on Friday to hear Master Tape, I no longer listen to the show on Friday. I am aware of other programming on Sirius.

Tim is right, most of the Stern fans are paying for one station...Howard's. And more to the point, they're probably paying for one show...Howard's.

kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Maybe i'm in the minority then. I do listen to Howard, but i'll also turn some music on during the weekend. I'll also listen to sports pbp. Even though I can get my local/favorite teams on the FM dial, i'd rather listen to that same broadcast over Sirius, since it comes with the score displayed on the screen.

Is it censored? Yes and no. The callers know not to curse, and the people in-studio don't curse, but there are a few curses. I still wish they could go back to the 2006 shows with the wild and crazy stunts.

For a fan of a show, a crap show should be better than no show.

MTT on 100 and Bubba on 101 at 6 AM was awesome. I found myself flipping back and forth. I didn't know what to listen to.