Hamlin -vs- Keselowski

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
IMO this is the kind of stuff that NASCAR has needed for some time. No, not the wreck. The rivalry. I can't believe that there are no posts on this today. Here is a video from the Nationwide race yesterday.....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBgFJlf6P-w]YouTube - Phoenix - Denny Hamlin and Brad Keselowski Post Race Interview. Kyle Busch Even Has Comments[/ame]

and a little video from time gone by with these two.....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8kX9tMnN68]YouTube - Denny Hamlin vs. Brad Keselowski and Dale Jr.[/ame]

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
You can't spell Keselowski without L-O-W :)
Posted via Mobile Device

antsie

Oct 20, 2008
Can't remember
I saw both interviews after the race, Brad didn't think any of it was a big deal, Denny thought otherwise!

I read where Harvick had said he get out of his car fast after the race cause he thought they'd see some "action" LOL

After Denny's interview, Allen, Brad, Rusty and Ray were talking about it and Brad said they have front row seats for next week's race.

SubmarineMike

Oct 14, 2008
Jacksonville Fl
It was a racing deal but there has been so many issues in the past between these 2 that no matter what Denny will have an issue. Here's the thing if Denny even touches Brad today or next week NASCAR will have no choice to ban Denny from Speed weeks next year as they have set that precedent.

foyt

Oct 23, 2008
South of Terre Haute
It was a racing deal but there has been so many issues in the past between these 2 that no matter what Denny will have an issue. Here's the thing if Denny even touches Brad today or next week NASCAR will have no choice to ban Denny from Speed weeks next year as they have set that precedent.

Mike, refresh my memory, I can't remember who you're referring to.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
I don't think Nascar would ban Denny from Speedweeks if he punts Brad at the Nationwide race next week :no:

If anything they'd suspend him from the Sprint Cup race the next day. But I don't think Joe or FedEx would want him to lay a bumper to Brad :)
Posted via Mobile Device

SubmarineMike

Oct 14, 2008
Jacksonville Fl
Harvick when he wrecked a truck series driver after promising retaliation.. got suspended for the cup race the next day. about 3-4 years back.. Martinsville I believe RCR got Kenny Wallace to fill in.

DexterMorgan

Oct 22, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Harvick got suspended after that truck race but it was a combination of events that were brewing that led to him being sat down. Denny isnt out of control like Kevin was then. But I can certainly see the comparison.

But if you want to look at retaliation and nothing happening after that, in 2005 Dale Jarrett intentionally took out Ryan Newman and nothing came from that.

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
So, apparently NASCAR has called Brad to the hauler. I didn't hear any mention of Hamlin doing the same. I'd rather see this handled between the two by producing some good story lines from week to week. :yesshake:

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
First, Denny was stupid to say anything like he was going to pay Brad back out loud. Keep it quiet and just DO it. Because now nascar will be watching.

Second, here is an example of nascar trying to put the lid on some much needed action. Leave the drivers alone and let them handle it.

I think there are several drivers who will pay back Brad when the time comes....but they're not running their mouth in front of cameras about it.

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
I like that he opens his mouth. I think that makes it a little more exciting to have some trash talk. They're watching them anyhow. I agree, this is some must need action. I'd rather see more of this than politically correct drivers week after week.

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
Dare I ask? the people that are enjoying this why the Kyle Busch hate when he was getting into it with trash talk and on the track with Jr and other people?

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
I don't have a problem with either. I don't know how much hate there ever was for what Kyle said as much as what he didn't say. I remember a lot of hate coming from him leaving the track without comment.

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
I get a kick out of the people who keep up with whether Kyle talked to the media after a race or not. It's like there's this club who make it a point to call in to shows about it. :p

How many other drivers leave a race without talking to the media? Jr. seems to do it a lot but I don't see him getting called out for it.

the people that are enjoying this why the Kyle Busch hate when he was getting into it with trash talk and on the track with Jr and other people?

There could have been a really great rivalry there but Jr. really didn't play along :p and his luck has been terrible. I find myself really wanting to see Jr. do well now because he's just been thrown to the wolves by the racing gods.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Brad K :purpbanana: Kool Aid :churn:

Brad K :purpbanana: Kool Aid :churn:
Posted via Mobile Device

djb7272

Jan 3, 2009
I got a kick out of hearing Kyle Busch's in car audio him crying about NASCAR should do something to Brad boy if that isn't the pot calling the kettle black I don't know what is??????