Halloween Programming

Discussion in 'SiriusXM Soundwave Cafe' started by Aaron, Oct 21, 2008.

1. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

The scary sounds and station ID are the fun part. This is what I meant earlier different strokes for different folks. I think they should have recorded many various ones though.

I do recall Igor last year and I wasn't as impressed as some of you seem to be. I mean this is all about fun and lightheartedness. I think it is a fun channel, good for listening to in spurts. Is it a channel I want to listen to for 8 hours, not hardly. But I am the same way with any specialty channel.

I guess I am just not so nit picky! We listened to it for an hour and half this morning at the office and everyone thought it was cute.
  2. OK I tried to give this a fair trial. I thought it was ok & sort of fun. I didn't like it as much as Igor but Igor was an entirely different thing and it might not be proper to compare them.

Then I got to the point where it repeated. I don't mind hearing the songs again but the stories don't hold up to repeated playing. They either should have put in more stories (many more) or cut back on the rotation of the stories.

So IMHO this might have been ok but they didn't work hard enough at it. I've got to wonder why they didn't just run last year's stuff again. That would have been better than this halfhearted effort.

I hope they do better at Christmas!
  3. edalen

edalen Member

It does seem rather slap-dash. I, too, like the music, but I heard that Martha Stewart story at least five times within two days before I gave up on the channel altogether.

Even my wife, who is very tolerant of repetition compared to me (after all, she loved XM Holly), listened for an hour and said "Why do they play so many promos? 'Sirius Scream 113 and XM Gore 134' every thirty seconds."

Good point.
  4. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing This space for rent

If they played 4-5 songs together the stories wouldn't repeat so much. It would also be a better channel (IMHO).

My 7 year old son is addicted to this channel. I had my Tao on 113 broadcasting an FM signal into his room last night. He wanted to hear it as he went to sleep. Fortunatly, I was listening to something else on my SL2. I have heard about all I care to of this channel.
  5. ClubSteeler

ClubSteeler Member

Probably so trick-or-treaters can hear the advertisement..
  6. TacoKid

TacoKid Member

This is exactly my way of thinking. For a week, this has been a fun station to listen to as we ride in the car on the way to school and on the way home, etc.

My favorite story has been the one about "Old Indian Road".........
  7. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

Yeah I don't think this channel was meant to lock it down for 8 hours and listen. It just something to listen too here and there. I do agree that they could cut back on the station ID's, but paint me strange, I like them. LOL

In a couple of days POOF it will be gone! Then we can start complaining about the Christmas Channels. :rolleyes:
  8. MadisonRadio1

MadisonRadio1 MadisonRadio

Happy Halloween!
  9. Blitz71

Blitz71 Member

10. IdRatherBeSkiing

I will say my son loves it. I've been forced to listen to it when I'm in the car. I didn't like the commercial they have been airing on it. But I have enjoyed some of the stories.

Its done tonight right?
  11. TX WJ

TX WJ Intelligent Donkey

Last year I played it out front of the house to add to the ambiance when the kids showed up. I will do the same this year.:bigthumbup:
  12. Clevey

Clevey New Member

Awful, absolutely awful. why can't they play some of the hundreds of ghost/monster related songs that XM had on Igor instead of this stupid sound effects record?
  13. IdRatherBeSkiing

I am wondering if they played any recognizable halloween music. I thought I would hear Thriller, Werewolves of London, or Monster Mash at least once ... I did not. Of course I only listened when my son was with me but it was a lot last week. The only song I recognized was the theme to The Adams Family.
  14. goreds2

goreds2 Well-Known Member

I did this on trick or treat night also. It did add a good touch. I agree with other users here in that it could have been programmed a little better.