Hall of Fame

brett1963

Oct 30, 2008
Cincinnati
Wow, can't believe I don't see a thread for this topic anywhere on the board considering all the talk, unless I'm having a senior moment and cant find it or its buried in another thread I didn't find worthy of my attention...LOL.

Anyhoo....
With only 5 inductees, all this nonsense about committees and fan votes seems unnecessary at least the first year cause yours truly only sees 5 possible entrants
for the first class:

France
France, Jr
L. Petty
R. Petty
D. Earnhardt

I'm guessing there could be arguments for others but I'll put my top 5 against anyone else's.

If I recall, I believe Mr. Poole has a disdain for Fan voting so I'd like to hear his point of view on it (I may have missed it). I'm not a big fan of fan's voting either but I think it should be included just weighted a lot less than the other voters. I don't really think it will come into play until a few years or if they decide to do more than 5. I thought the first class or first few years would have been closer to 7-10 inductees.

foyt

Oct 23, 2008
South of Terre Haute
I have to admit that all day long today I listened to Fox News on my Sirius instead of 128, so I'm behind the curve on this deal. I'll have to pay attention tomorrow and get myself caught up.

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
Wow, can't believe I don't see a thread for this topic anywhere on the board considering all the talk, unless I'm having a senior moment and cant find it or its buried in another thread I didn't find worthy of my attention...LOL.

Anyhoo....
With only 5 inductees, all this nonsense about committees and fan votes seems unnecessary at least the first year cause yours truly only sees 5 possible entrants
for the first class:

France
France, Jr
L. Petty
R. Petty
D. Earnhardt

I'm guessing there could be arguments for others but I'll put my top 5 against anyone else's.

If I recall, I believe Mr. Poole has a disdain for Fan voting so I'd like to hear his point of view on it (I may have missed it). I'm not a big fan of fan's voting either but I think it should be included just weighted a lot less than the other voters. I don't really think it will come into play until a few years or if they decide to do more than 5. I thought the first class or first few years would have been closer to 7-10 inductees.

You'll find a lengthy thread here...

http://www.digitalradiocentral.com/nascar/2042-nascar-hall-fame-who-gets-you-vote.html

but, your five seem to be for the most part, the top choices from previous posts on this.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
I think they should put more then five in the first class. There are some really old drivers that might not be around in a few years and it would suck to have to put them in posthumously...:worried:

Let's take a look at NASCAR's 50 Greatest Drivers...:shock:

Some of these guys are in there 70's or 80's. They might not be around when the HOF decides to vote them in.

Marvin Panch
Fred Lorenzen
Jack Ingram
Red Farmer
Hershel McGriff
Ned Jarrett
Bobby Allison
Jerry Cook
Glen Wood
A.J. Foyt
Bill Elliott
Harry Gant
Rex White
Cotton Owens
Herb Thomas
Cale Yarborough
Richard Petty
David Pearson
Junior Johnson

I say we start with 10 and then go down from there...:)

Easy Money

Oct 25, 2008
MS
www.myspace.com
I met Marvin Panch @ RCR last year. Very cool dude, super nice to us. He was just there like we were visiting and hangin out. Im ashamed to admit it, but I didnt even know who he was until his daughter introduced us. You hear all the old names on the shows on sirius, but a lot of times you dont know what they look like now. That is THE only autograph I have ever asked for, and may be the last. Not many are worth to me what they are to other fans.