Hall of Fame inductions

TSSJimmyCoN

Oct 13, 2008
Chitown
www.tss-radio.com
Couple of things I noticed.

-My favorite player of all time, John Randle was up for this year and didn't get in....lameo.

-My favorite O lineman of all time (Yes former O/D linemen have favorites of their own),
Randall McDaniel was awesome. It was great to see him make the hall of fame in his first year. Truly a class act and great speech. But dude...he sounds like lou ferigno with a bigger lisp. Hilarious...

-Rod Woodson's speech was long as F*ck and bored the hell out of me. It was more of a life story rather than, hey thanks NFL. Still the man.

-Ralph Wilson is old as hell....Old people shouldn't write speeches.

-I didn't really realize was a beast Derrick Thomas was. I guess I was really only a Lions fan....scratch that, a Barry fan up until 1998-99 when I really started getting into the whole sport of pigskin. Derrick Thomas was just plain nasty and he was a class act it seemed.

other than that, this year kind of sucked. I hope next year won't

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
Next year should bring Emmitt Smith and Jerry Rice, plus others.

Hmmmmm...you really think they'll make it? I don't know...it'll be close ;)

I expect Tim Brown to make it too. I'd like to think Cris Carter and Andre Reed will finally get in as well, but I doubt the voters will put in 4 wide receivers in the same year.

I can't believe Carter has been denied twice already. The guy is second all-time in receptions!

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Colorado
Next year should bring Emmitt Smith and Jerry Rice, plus others.

Shannon Sharpe as well. That should be a hell of a HOF class. It would certainly have the offense skill positions covered. All they need is a Quarterback.

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
All they need is a Quarterback.

Here are some of the more notable QB's eligible for the first time next year...

Steve Beuerlein
Chris Chandler
Rich Gannon
Jason Garrett
Rick Mirer
Jim Miller
Rodney Peete

Yeah, I don't think any QB's will be getting in. Unless they put in Ken Stabler or something.

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Colorado
Yeah, No QB's this time around. Rice, Smith and Sharpe are locks. John Randle and Cortez Kennedy are eligible, as is the old commissioner Tagliabue. Maybe then Rice and Smith can trade Dancing with the Stars stories. :lol:

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
Yeah, No QB's this time around. Rice, Smith and Sharpe are locks. John Randle and Cortez Kennedy are eligible, as is the old commissioner Tagliabue. Maybe then Rice and Smith can trade Dancing with the Stars stories. :lol:

Why do you say Shannon Sharpe is a lock? He was already denied once.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
How many people remember Emmitt Smith played for the Cardinals? :scratch:

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Colorado
Why do you say Shannon Sharpe is a lock? He was already denied once.

The only reason he was this time around was because they had enough star players. Between Smith, Woodson, Thomas, McDaniel, Bob Hayes. You could have made a case for excluding McDaniel and including Sharpe. I had thought Sharpe would get in on the first ballot. Didn't happen. But his career speaks for itself. He's a big reason why the Broncos were winners all those years, and the level of play at that position dropped off after he left. And they haven't found his replacement since. Tony Scheffeler is good, but he's no Shannon Sharpe.

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
The only reason he was this time around was because they had enough star players.

There are star players every year...it's the Hall of Fame.

I think Sharpe deserves to get in, I just don't know if it'll be next year. I wouldn't call him a lock.

Cris Carter has been denied twice now and he's second all-time in receptions and touchdown catches. You never know with these idiot voters...

TX WJ

Intelligent Donkey
Oct 15, 2008
Chucktown
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxmpB7CXt6k]Charles Haley [/ame]should be in, he has five Superbowl rings.

Haley played 12 seasons in the NFL, beginning his career with the 49ers in 1986. Haley spent a total of seven seasons with San Francisco, leaving in 1991 after he was traded to the Dallas Cowboys but returning for his final season in 1999. He was selected in the fourth round of the 1986 NFL Draft out of James Madison University. Haley began his career as an outside linebacker used almost exclusively on passing downs.

For his career, Haley recorded 100.5 quarterback sacks, 2 interceptions (9 return yards), and 8 fumble recoveries, which he returned for 9 yards and a touchdown. He also was named to five Pro Bowls (1988, 1990, 1991, 1994, 1995) and was named NFL All-Pro in 1990 and 1994.
Haley is the only player in NFL history to have been on five Super Bowl-winning teams. No player in the modern history of the NFL can make such a claim. Haley helped the 49ers win Super Bowl’s XXIII and XXIV and while a member of the Cowboys won three more rings in Super Bowl’s XXVII, XXVIII and XXX.
Haley’s supporters include the late Bill Walsh and recently inducted Hall of Famer’s John Madden and Troy Aikman.