Hall of Fame attendance fall short of estimates

riskybzns

Oct 11, 2008
land of confusion
Hall of Fame attendance short of estimates: Three months after it opened, the NASCAR Hall of Fame said Monday its total attendance passed 100,000 last week. The hall's daily attendance has averaged 1,140 people over the first 90 days of operation. If that attendance level holds up for the year, the hall would have about 410,000 visitors for its first year. The hall projected it would have 800,000 visitors in its first 13 1/2 months of operation, and then 400,000 people annually after that. The hall also said 70 percent of its customers are from 100 miles or beyond, and 26 percent of its customers have come from 500 miles or farther. The average distance driven to visit the hall in its first 10 weeks of operation was 368 miles.

I still say they made a bad decision by placing it all the way over on the coast instead of placing it in Kansas City.

yippeekyaa

Oct 21, 2008
I can see Uranus from here
Been by the museum 3 times since the opening, haven't stopped in once. It's just over an hour away. Friends, neighbors and family work in Nascar and I don't know of one that has visited it yet. You would think that being local we would be excited about the museum, but most here are not. We hear it, see it, work in and around Nascar daily so I guess it's like trying to get a mechanic to work on their own car or a plumber to fix the leak under the house.

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
I'm one that would go there in a minute if possible. The only way its happening is the next time I'm there for a race.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
I want to go there the day after the Martinsville Race :)

They needed to induct more than five people. Ned will be dead before he gets in :worried:
Posted via Mobile Device

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
I want to go there the day after the Martinsville Race :)

I would like to do that too after Martinsville but it's 130+ miles in the wrong direction for me. I can't add almost 300 more mile to my trip home. We'll probably take a weeks vacation and tour the race shops and then visit the HOF or maybe make it during the 600 weekend sometime.

They needed to induct more than five people. Ned will be dead before he gets in :worried:

Currently the HOF is @ a 60% death rate for inductions. :scared: So..... chances are, you're right. And..... I'm going to hell for my comments. :twitch:

foyt

Oct 23, 2008
South of Terre Haute
I'm "hoping" to get to North Carolina over Labor Day weekend. If I can get the work schedules arranged, drive out there on Thursday, spend Friday touring a few race shops, Saturday at the HOF the back to Indiana on Sunday.

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
I would love to go see it. Maybe I can work in a game of golf with Choc while I'm there. LOL.