H1N1 Vaccine - Yes or No??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calypso

Queen Calypso
Apr 29, 2009
carsandcombat.com
I have to say I am pretty sure I am not going to get it.. I know my Hubby has already made up his mind not to get it either.

I think they are hyping the actual flu way too much.

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
Not me since I'm not an "at-risk" party.

My wife got one though.

Calypso

Queen Calypso
Apr 29, 2009
carsandcombat.com
I'm pretty sure I'll be made to get it. I tend to get 10 or so shots/year because the military loves sticking us with things.

I don't think that is right that they "make" you get these things....

Do they ever say exactly why they make you get it? Shouldn't it be your choice? I don't agree with someone taking away my choice to do something or not..

Oren

Oct 13, 2008
NE NJ
No for me. I've only caught the flu once in my life, so I'll take my chances.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
No pig sticking for me.

Got the regular flu shot last year because I got the flu twice the year before. (that SUCKED!)
We were supposed to get the regular shots at the office again this year, but the company that was going to come do it ran out, so we're on our own. I might get the regular shot if I it doesn't seem like kids and old folks are going to miss out due to low supply. But I'm not going out of my way for it.

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
I don't understand why people are more reluctant to get the H1N1 vaccine than the normal flu vaccine. I read an article that said people thought it hadn't been "tested" enough, but flu vaccines aren't really tested. Can anyone explain this to me?

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I don't understand why people are more reluctant to get the H1N1 vaccine than the normal flu vaccine. I read an article that said people thought it hadn't been "tested" enough, but flu vaccines aren't really tested. Can anyone explain this to me?

People are dumb.

If there was plenty to go around, I might. Since I'm not in the high risk category, someone else can have it.

Calypso

Queen Calypso
Apr 29, 2009
carsandcombat.com
Not many doctors are going to say not to get the vaccine.. So I think I may listen a little harder when one says that they won't.

No matter what to me it doesn't matter, I won't be getting it, I won't even get the regular one so why would I get this one...

Status
Not open for further replies.