Guitar Hero: Metallica

TheScionicMan

Last non-Hating Stern Fan
Oct 11, 2008
So who else is rocking out to this? We just picked it up this morning. Didn't get there in time for a 2nd bass pedal but what can ya do?

They launch you right into some good Metallica, unlike GH: Aerosmith which you had to play a ton of shitty bands first.

Our band name is MegaDork

:band2:

blyons200

These pretzels are making me thirsty.
Oct 12, 2008
The BBQ Capital
I went to Best Buy last night at midnight to get it, unfortunately they didn't have a midnight release this time. Which is funny since they did a midnight release for GHWT, GH Aerosmith, and a bunch of other games at the very same Best Buy I was at. So I went to a nearby Wal-Mart, they had it, but it was the Xbox version and I have a PS3, why they didn't have the PS3 version I don't know. So I went to another Wal-Mart and those people were fing clueless, they didn't even quite understand what I was talking about. All the Game Stop places that had the midnight release were at least 45 miles away so I just went home.

I ended up staying up really late so I didn't have time to pick it up today. I will get it tomorrow after work. Looks freaking awesome and I am a huge Metallica fan and GH fan.

TheScionicMan

Oct 11, 2008
Is this Metallica for the World Tour edition? I thought it was just regular guitar hero. I have rockband, I may have to get WT as well.

Yeah, its the full band experience. It should play on the Rock Band equipment, altho the drum layout is slightly different...

MoeSyslack

Oct 14, 2008
Summer Shade KY
I tried playing Guitar Hero 3 with my rockband guitar and it wouldnt work. I think WT instruments play on rockband but not the other way around. If anybody could try it I would love to know. I would get it if I can play it on my rockband instruments. I cant afford to buy a whole new setup right now though.

As a side note does anybody have Rockband 2 for the Wii? We could play online. I love to play the drums. I can play on medium and hit mid to high 90%. Im starting to dabble with playing on hard now.

TheScionicMan

Oct 11, 2008
We got Rock Band 2 thru Gamefly and have been playing it on our WT stuff. I don't know about the other way around but I thought I read it worked. Maybe google it...

The attacks in battle mode are cool in the Metallica edition. They've got Trapped under Ice which freezes the bar, Fade to Black where the highway goes dark and there's one where you can steal the other guy's Power-ups so you can't even build up a few without worrying that they'll be stolen and used against you.

Chob

Oct 11, 2008
Albany, NY
www.kingbubba.com
Just got it today for Wii and just finished playing a few minutes ago. The Metallica selections are varied and pretty good choices all around. And they are releasing other songs for download in the future so there's no reason to be disappointed if something didn't make the cut.

But I was surprised by the great selections from other bands like Alice in Chains, Judas Priest, and I am going hoarse from having sung along to Slayer's "War Ensemble." And not very well mind you. :jj: