Guests this week

hank-the-dwarf

Oct 12, 2008
Baltimore Md
This week they have had a C list actor a washed up fake wrassler and to top it all off Thea Vidale coughing to death in the studio. I can see now why Gary never calls celebs and turns down George Carlin and Seth Mcfarland. This is radio gold !:bigthumbup:

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
Passed on Seth? WTF...
As for the guest in right now. It was boring as hell for the first 10 mins but I'm at work and I left it on and she really opened up after the coughing. She got funnier. Though having a shitty first 10 mins still makes it a sup-par interview.

almaniac27

Nov 12, 2008
Kent, Ohio
I think Seth MacFarlane would be a great guest. I was just listening to an episode of Adam Carolla's podcast where Seth was a guest. One interesting thing about him that would interest Howard was that he was late to the airport and missed his flight, which turned out to be one of the planes that crashed into the World Trade Center.

Anyway, the guests this week were less than satisfactory. I've always hated Rob Schneider, and that Lou guy was just dumb. There are a bunch of other people I would rather see judge a sybian contest. Beetlejuice would have been better than Lou.

Reactions: Ifandorbut

hank-the-dwarf

Oct 12, 2008
Baltimore Md
Passed on Seth? WTF...
As for the guest in right now. It was boring as hell for the first 10 mins but I'm at work and I left it on and she really opened up after the coughing. She got funnier. Though having a shitty first 10 mins still makes it a sup-par interview.
howard asking this sweatty coughing Manatee sexual questions is really doin it for me i gotta say.:(

Attachments

• 4c687449.jpg
    4c687449.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 5

limegrass69

Confused
Oct 12, 2008
New York
Worst comes to worse, they can fill the time with Howard TV plugs or boring Eric the Midget calls. You really don't hear too many of those.

Jgatie

Banned
Oct 14, 2008
It was better in the old days when they had better guests.

Sheesh, what's next . . . Jackie Stallone? Joe Walsh? Richard Simmons? Belzer?

Neigh

Oct 16, 2008
New Jersey
Maybe today's Daily News radio column acknowledging the greatness of Howard will scare up a few A list guests... From the B list, I still enjoy Belzer when he comes in...

hank-the-dwarf

Oct 12, 2008
Baltimore Md
Any time some caller saysa guest or a segment sucked he says the following "I think your in the minority on that" or "for every email we get saying it sucked we get 10 saying it was great". When someone critisizes his booking skills he says "what do you do for a living ?"

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Worst comes to worse, they can fill the time with Howard TV plugs or boring Eric the Midget calls. You really don't hear too many of those.

Exactly.

What does everyone want to hate about the show this week? Sub-par guests? ETM? Eric from Hoboken? Yet another "Battle of the Retards" between Wendy and Gary? Howard signing off at 10:41 instead of 11:45?

You can't please everyone 100% of the time. Some people like the Sybian and others hate it. Some people like ETM and other people hate him.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
This week they have had a C list actor a washed up fake wrassler and to top it all off Thea Vidale coughing to death in the studio. I can see now why Gary never calls celebs and turns down George Carlin and Seth Mcfarland. This is radio gold !:bigthumbup:

It's kind of easy to turn down George Carlin.

OTOH, "George Carlin calls in from Hell" ala Craig Gass...err.. that would mean Howard is washed up because he's not actually talking during Craig's bits, right? Or does it mean he's washed up because he's not current by reaching into something from the past?

Stick to O&A and be happy. I hear they're current, funny, interesting, and live on Fridays.