Guest DJ's on the 70's

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
Could even be getting more- I asked if we could get AT40 and some of the previous Guest DJ shows and they responded:

Sure would help if some other people besides myself, would take a couple of seconds to send feedback :idea:
I am not a memeber of FaceBook. :buriedinbricks:

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Could even be getting more- I asked if we could get AT40 and some of the previous Guest DJ shows and they responded:

Sure would help if some other people besides myself, would take a couple of seconds to send feedback :idea:
Stud!

Yeah, more folks need to step up and speak out.

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC

Co-Founder of Grand Funk, Mark Farner

Thur Noon-2pm
Grand Funk Railroad, the powerhouse trio from Flint, Michigan took over the ‘70s rock world with a string of Gold and Platinum records. At their peak, playing for 100,000 people in England. Grand Funk owned the radio airwaves, with catchy hooks and well-crafted rock. GFR are still together and touring, however their cofounder Mark Farner – the former lead singer and guitarist of the band has gone solo. Farner has a new single (‘I’m Gonna Take You Out’) which he’ll sample for us, and pick his favorite hit singles and Grand Funk classics, with many stories to tell. Replay Thur at 2pm

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6HN67KdOyk]Mark Farner New Song Take You Out Video Trailer - YouTube[/ame]

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
HIGH ALERT...We have a 70s superstar coming for an on-air visit on Valentine's Day! Can't say who...but it's one of the biggest names we've ever had on the station! If you would like to have YOUR VALENTINE message read on the air by this celebrity, post your message here or email it to 70s@siriusxm.com (40 words or less please) Deadline is NOW! (9am Pacific/Noon Eastern on Thursday January 30th)...We'll pick them at random and tell you -exactly- when to listen on 2/14 so that you can plan on listening together for your big surprise!

Barry Effin Gibb?

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
HIGH ALERT...We have a 70s superstar coming for an on-air visit on Valentine's Day! Can't say who...but it's one of the biggest names we've ever had on the station! If you would like to have YOUR VALENTINE message read on the air by this celebrity, post your message here or email it to 70s@siriusxm.com (40 words or less please) Deadline is NOW! (9am Pacific/Noon Eastern on Thursday January 30th)...We'll pick them at random and tell you -exactly- when to listen on 2/14 so that you can plan on listening together for your big surprise!

Barry Effin Gibb?
Barry Effin Manilow?

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC

Barry Effin Gibb?
Barry Effin Manilow?
I hope not, but good guess

You must not be aware of Jimmy Fallon's excellent spoof on SNL and he was just a guest on his show:
I'm Barry Effin Gibb( and Timberlake does a good Robin Gibb too!)

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC

Barry Effin Gibb?
Barry Effin Manilow?

Just announced- I am Barry effin Gibb!!

Even a blind nut can find a squirrel every once in a while!

And for the correct answer, I will be awarded..............................

............................... Absolutely Nuthin' :bigcry:

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
Barry Gibb will be the 70s Weekend Guest and details for that will be in the Valentines thread coming soon.

Here's the actual Guest Dj for this Thursday @ Noon:

Don Felder Picks His '70s Top 10
Guitarist, Songwriter and author of ‘Heaven and Hell: My Life in the Eagles (1974-2001)’ – Don Felder, a member of the Rock Hall Of Fame® has a driver’s seat view of the ‘70s and makes the quintessential list. Felder is currently on tour and often plays his signature composition: “Hotel California”.

When I think of this "Don" of the Eagles, I can't help but hear this song plying in my head:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNG_Kn-m73M&feature=kp]"Heavy Metal" Theme: Takin' A Ride / Don Felder - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
70s-Alice Cooper Picks The MOST SHOCKING '70s Hits Thurs 4/24 12:00 pm ET One of the founding fathers of Shock Rock, will star in an upcoming documentary called Super Duper Alice Cooper coming to theaters May 31st. In celebration of the first ever ‘Doc Opera’, Alice Cooper presents a list of the Most SHOCKING ‘70s Hits’ on SiriusXM 70s on 7. The Seventies were jam-packed with songs that broke barriers, scared, infuriated, and to Cooper’s pleasure…even shocked an older generation. Sparks fly as Rock Hall of Fame member Alice rattles your mind with his favorites.

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
Taylor Dayne guest DJ: Top 8 Ladies of the 80s!
Thu Oct 2 12:00 pm ET Taylor takes over the channel to play her top 8, Ladies of the 80s!
Rebroadcast:
Thu Oct 2 3:00 pm ET, Fri Oct 3 8:00 am ET, Sat Oct 4 1:00 am ET, Sat Oct 4 2:00 pm ET, Sun Oct 5 11:00 am ET
Opps....I placed this in the incorrect thread. :eek: