Guest DJ's on the 70's

Discussion in 'Decades, Pop, Rock' started by SIRIUSaboutXM, Jun 15, 2011.

1. SIRIUSaboutXM

SIRIUSaboutXM DRC Special Contributor

Guest DJ Todd Rundgren
    Thurs 6/23 12:00 pm ET
    Philly native Todd Rundgren debuted with a solo album in 1970, Runt, and scored big hits in the decade including “We Gotta Get You A Womanâ€, “I Saw The Light†and “Hello It’s Me." He remains a prolific recording artist, working as producer, songwriter and creating risk-taking new sounds. Todd takes a break from his tour to step into the DJ booth and talk about his new blues project and spin favorites from the '70s. (2 hrs)

All Robert Johnson tunes- Probably doing something on Bluesville also
    [​IMG]

1. Dust My Broom
    2. Stop Breakin Down
    3. Kindhearted Woman
    4. Walking Blues
    5. Love In Vain
    6. Last Fair Deal Gone Done
    7. Sweet Home Chicago
    8. They're Red Hott
    9. Come Home In My Kitchen
    10. Hellbound On My Trail
    11. Traveling Riverside Blues
    12. Crossroad Blues

2. SIRIUSaboutXM

Florence Henderson
    Thurs 9/29 12:00 pm ET
    Here’s the story … of a lovely lady! Florence Henderson, synonymous to millions as the beloved Carol Brady of The Brady Bunch, has just written a new book called Life Is Not A Stage. It’s her inspiring life story, from deprived child to Broadway star. And with a musical ear, Florence takes you on a journey through the ‘70s with her favorite hits! (2 hrs)
    [​IMG]

3. limegrass69

limegrass69 Confused

Oh, my...that's going to be horrible!!!!

4. SIRIUSaboutXM

Guest DJ: Barry Livingston
    Thurs 11/3 12:00 pm ET
    [​IMG]
    Actor Barry Livingston shot to fame at an early age as Ernie Douglas in the long-running TV series My Three Sons. But that’s only where the story begins: He’s written a book called 'The Importance Of Being Ernie', and he drops by to talk about being on TV, and meeting everyone from Elvis to Lucy. Plus he’ll spin his favorite tunes as a kid from the ‘70s. Hey, someone get Uncle Charlie some headphones! (2 hrs)

5. SIRIUSaboutXM

Todd Rundgren
    Thurs 3/8 12:00 pm ET
    Producer, songwriter, artist Todd Rundgren had a streak of hits in the ‘70s; “We Gotta Get You A Woman”, “I Saw The Light” and “Hello It’s Me”. So what’s in store for Todd in 2012? He’s hosting a five day music summer camp in the Catskills! Todd Rundgren's Musical Revival Camp Think ‘Meatballs’ with guitars. Todd stops in for a kumbaya as our Guest DJ. (2 hrs)

6. SIRIUSaboutXM

[​IMG]

Guest DJ: Walter Egan
    Thurs 5/24 12:00 pm ET
    Although best known for his ‘70s hit "Magnet and Steel," songwriter-producer Walter Egan has been recording and performing in his understated ways ever since, working with Fleetwood Mac, Beach Boy Brian Wilson, Jackson Browne, Tom Petty and numerous others. He’s released his 10th studio album 'Raw Elegant' and is currently gigging with his Walternative Band, The Malibooz, and The Burritos band. Tune in as Walter shares some fascinating stories of his life and spins some his favorite '70s hits. (2 hrs)

7. SIRIUSaboutXM

[​IMG]

Paul Williams
    Thur. 6/14 12pm ET - 2 hrs
    Oscar, Grammy and Golden Globe winning Hall of Fame songwriter and President of ASCAP - Paul Williams is the subject of a documentary called “Still Alive†debuting this month. Watch the trailer and find locations here: The Paul Williams Connection | Singer | Songwriter | Actor
    After a sensational career in the 70s, writing smashes for Three Dog Night, Carpenters and others, Paul appeared in TV shows like Fantasy Island, Love Boat, Hawaii 50, Baretta, Mary Tyler Moore, Police Woman, and the Smokey and the Bandit films. He’s even been a Hollywood ‘Center Square’, how cool is that? Afterwards his course took a turn for the worse..with alcoholism. He proudly reminds everyone there is life after recovery and a Hollywood lifestyle. Paul plays music from his favorite decade and shares insight into what might be one of our best-ever Guest DJ shows!

8. goreds2

goreds2 Well-Known Member

It should be a great show with great storys. It's on my calendar!

9. SIRIUSaboutXM

[​IMG]

This Celebrity Thursday, Our Guest DJ is Ian Lloyd of Stories
    Thursday 6/28 12 Noon-2pm ET
    It was the summer of ’73 and you couldn’t get near a radio without hearing Brother Louie by the group Stories. The lead singer and founder of the band, Ian Lloyd will be here to rock our turntables. Ian shares new material he has recorded and the real ‘story’ behind the gold-selling single, “♫ Louie Louie, Louie, Louie, Lou-eye!♪♫â€

10. SIRIUSaboutXM

I love these shows- wish they would add these to the On Demand library
    [​IMG]

Thursday August 2nd, 12 Noon ET/9am PT
    The founder of the platinum selling act KC & The Sunshine Band, Harry Casey brings on the boogie as our guest DJ on Celebrity Thursday. It’s time to party with the guy who kick-started the disco era, so get your platform shoes ready! Currently on tour (KC and the Sunshine Band :: Tour Dates) Casey's everlasting music packs the dance floor anywhere in the world. (2 hrs)

[​IMG]

11. SIRIUSaboutXM

[​IMG]

Biff!!!! Powwww!!! BAAMMMMM!!! Look the Bat Signal! Actor Burt Ward visits Magic Matt Alan for Celebrity Thursday after 8am Eastern (4 hours) - The original Boy Wonder... here on 70s on 7! It's Mattman and Robin!

12. SIRIUSaboutXM

[​IMG]

Guest DJ: Ingrid Croce (wife of Jim Croce)
    Saturday 11/24 10am-Noon ET
    In September 1973, the world mourned the loss of singer songwriter Jim Croce, who left behind a wife and child. Ingrid, also a singer-songwriter and their son Adrian, were the inspiration for much of his work. She details the story of their life together in her latest book “I Got A Name: The Jim Croce Storyâ€. Ingrid stops in to talk about Jim and selects some of his immortal songs. Ingrid Croce | Home

13. SIRIUSaboutXM

She is Woman... Hear her Roar! Helen Reddy Guest DJ on 70s on 7

Today @ Noon ET
    Best known for her feminist anthem "I Am Woman," Helen Reddy had more than a dozen Top 40 hits in the ‘70s. She was the first Australian to win a Grammy, and had three #1 hits in the same year. She was a semi-regular on The Midnight Special but also hosted her own one-hour weekly primetime variety show (The Helen Reddy Show), breaking new artists like The Pointer Sisters. Helen retired in ‘02 and practiced as a clinical hypnotherapist in Australia for ten years until singing a duet with her sister at a birthday party last year, when Helen decided to come out of retirement. Now she's touring the US once more and takes a break to spin her favorite '70s hits!

[​IMG]
    Bonus feature! The rare original cassette demo tape for "I Am Woman"

Go here and press Play: '70s on 7 - '70s Pop Hits - SiriusXM Radio

More details on her tour and re-releases: Helen Reddy | The Official Website

Last edited: Apr 4, 2013
  14. goreds2

I have not looked yet but hope it is On-Demand online.

15. SIRIUSaboutXM

No, I would be very surprised if that happens. I have been asking them to provide us with a replay for this show since this show began in 2009. If they won't replay it, they sure won't give it to us On Demand :banghead:

16. SIRIUSaboutXM

[​IMG]

Guest DJ: Lou Gramm co-founder of Foreigner
    Today 12:00 pm ET
    Lou Gramm, one of rock’s most distinctive voices describes his colorful life in a just-released autobiography. On his way to being inducted to the Songwriter’s Hall Of Fame in New York City, he’ll visit our studio to spin some of his favorite ‘70s jams and Foreigner classics. With best-selling co-author Scott Pitoniak at his side, Lou will recall highlights from the new book; 'Juke Box Hero: My Five Decades In Rock ‘N’ Roll’'.

17. goreds2

Have it on now - THANKS!

18. SIRIUSaboutXM

There's a good chance Lou could reunite with Foreigner during the Songwriter’s Hall Of Fame :buttrock:

19. goreds2

That would be interesting. Their new lead singer does a great job though.

Now about the guest DJ. Lou was on for two hours today! I missed some of it so I am not sure if he has any ill will toward the band.

20. SIRIUSaboutXM

Agreed - When Kelly Hanson took over in 2004, Foreigner took a much harder approach- Eddie Trunk is actually a big fan of theirs, even though he don't play it on his shows.

This may clear that up

Lou Gramm, one of rock’s most distinctive voices describes his colorful life in a just-released autobiography.
    [​IMG]