Grinch kills Windows 7 Family Pack

xan_user

Banned
Dec 16, 2008
Nor-Cal

Microsoft’s Grinch kills Windows 7 Family Pack

For Microsoft, this decision is stupid and short-sighted. It’s guaranteed to bring them a boatload of ill will and bad publicity in the final three weeks before Christmas. It looks greedy and decidedly not “customer focused.â€
-
I haven’t heard much about the Grinch lately. Now I know why. He’s been hanging out in Redmond, working on marketing plans and drafting statements for the press.
Humbug.

Microsoft pulls Windows 7 Family Pack, so you can spend more for the holidays | Betanews

Why Scrooge should have kept his stingy little hands off this promotion:

• Family Pack encourages consumers to upgrade more PCs sooner.
  • Better for Microsoft to get those people onto Windows 7 cheap, then loose them to Mac and linux.
  • Family Pack discourages piracy.
  • Consumers using Windows 7 at home will ask for it at work.

Last edited:

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
This is totally a dumb move by MS. Sam's Club had a huge display when Win 7 was inititally released and it sold out in a matter of days.

Duh!

AZJoe

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Apple loves it!! Wait for their next "I'm a Mac & I'm a PC" ad. This chased 2 friends of mine from upgrading their Windows PC's to buy a mac. Oh well, Gate's has deep pockets!!:)

ctkatz

Oct 11, 2008
he also has no day-to-day control of the company anymore. steve ballmer is an idiot.

digital100

Oct 15, 2008
Northern Virginia
I have 3 pcs at home running Vista. I just found out about the family pack a week ago and was ready to buy, but I just found out today that it was pulled! Now that upgrade which would have cost me $149 will now cost $360!

hexagram

Medicinal & Recreational.
Oct 11, 2008
Seattle, WA

antsie

Oct 20, 2008
Can't remember
My local Sam’s Club and Costco had these available, but every time I went they were out of stock (so they said) but getting more in. So I kept checking back with them and nothing.
Sam’s Club sent me their Christmas Holiday buying book and there it was wooohoooo finally!!!
But when I went to Sam’s (the same day I received the book) they said they will not be selling them any longer it was a “one time deal”.
I’ve been looking for it every since you all started this forum. I do hope other stores start selling them again. I need one!!

Reactions: hexagram