Greg Fitzsimmons was a lead balloon today!

RDog

Oct 18, 2008
I actually like Greg Fitzsimmons most times and for awhile I thought he would be a good Artie replacement, but, wow, today's appearance was deadly bad. It sounded like he was way off and didn't say anything funny that I can recall. When he sat in for the news, even Howard was dismissing his jokes with "Ohhhkay..." a lot.

Taking it a step further, I had a weird feeling Greg was "using" today, just seemed kinda all over the place.

I was happy he didn't bring his "I'm a tough guy, I want to fight everyone" persona today, but regardless, I hope he can rebound when they have him in next week again. Just joking. :)

thekingofnicotine

Aug 14, 2009
He's always horrible. He's one of those pseudo intellectual who thinks they're the only ones who understand comedy.

My favorite was when he was "schooling" Gary and the rest of the crew on how to do radio on the Wrap Up Show one time.

The guy is an idiot.

ProperModulation

Green Type of Tube
Oct 11, 2008
California
He's always horrible. He's one of those pseudo intellectual who thinks they're the only ones who understand comedy.

My favorite was when he was "schooling" Gary and the rest of the crew on how to do radio on the Wrap Up Show one time.

The guy is an idiot.

agree 100%

"Fitzdog" is a real drag and I've never liked him on the show.

no1hedberg

Oct 13, 2008
West Virginia
I didn't hear today's show yet, but I've never really liked Fitzsimmons. Both seconds of his show I've listened to were awful. I'm sure he thought he was auditioning today, and tried to step it up. Sounds dreadful. As much as I hate to say it, I'd rather they brought Jackie back, than let Ditzdog ruin the last year. Get well Artie. We need you back bro.

robhurlburt

Oct 15, 2008
you could hear him wiping the drool off his chin as her stared at arties chair. no thanks.

I don't think hes terrible, he just seems like he's way better than everybody else. His asian/korean jokes fell really flat.

beaniemac

Dec 12, 2008
Chi-Town (South Side)

The guy is an idiot.

I dont think he's anything special either. maybe he's not a tough guy anymore due to him being off his meds. who knows. I'd rather have bob levy sit in. at least they can make fun of him during the news.

GoodDog

Oct 13, 2008
Scientific Map
Fitz was awful, and he fit in nicely with Lork, ETM and Lisa G. I shut the show off. I can suffer thru most bad shows, but when you throw in Howard talking politics its an instant off switch moment.

geosync

Oct 13, 2008
Portland, Or
Yeah, and the sucking up about Howard's boots. OMG, angling for that chair. He just doesn't deliver a line well enough. He's no artie in that respect.

TurfToeTony

Oct 18, 2008
He needs to change his meds or go off them completely. He was awful. Hearing him trying to force his own version of the Artie laugh was painful. And I sort of liked his show. He even defended Leno. What a tool.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Wow, I did not think he was that bad today. I guess I am way off from the popular opinion. Yeah, he chimes in with a lot of nonsense, but he seemed to not suck completely.

im glad someone didnt think he sucked. didnt hear it yet but i love his podcast and sirius show. i listen every week. my fav. podcast. this weeks with dave attell rocked. i was bummed to hear everyone say he bombed.

-jhdk

thekingofnicotine

Aug 14, 2009
He sucked and he tried way too hard to get things going a few times but Howard would ignore it.

He sucks and isn't good on the show.

beaniemac

Dec 12, 2008
Chi-Town (South Side)
He needs to change his meds or go off them completely. He was awful. Hearing him trying to force his own version of the Artie laugh was painful. And I sort of liked his show. He even defended Leno. What a tool.

can you blame him? he's not famous enough where he can speak his mind. he still has to work in that town out there. I mean he wrote for ellen. he could just as easily write for jay. same cornball material.

Grüpsaar

DRC Forum Bum
Oct 11, 2008
Anytown, WI
www.youtube.com
Okay, as it went into the later part of the news, I know what you guys mean with him just throwing stuff out there and not being funny, but pre-news and earlier on he wasn't THAT bad, but yeah, he did budge in a lot and try to make something out of nothing. I still Like Fitzdogg though.

Mulefan100

Dec 9, 2008

The guy is an idiot.

Agree with everything you said. Greg Shitsimmons is horrible. Always has been, always will be. "Shitzdog" is just not funny.

sjb4

Oct 12, 2008
I normally don't mind Greg in studio, but this appearance was awful. It seemed clear to me he was lobbying for Artie's job and failing badly.