Greg Fitzsimmons Canceled

Discussion in 'Howard Stern' started by kryptonite, Dec 13, 2018.

1. kryptonite

kryptonite Well-Known Member

2. scotchandcigar

scotchandcigar arrogant bastard

It's looking like, when Howard goes, there'll be no more H100/101 channel.

3. kryptonite

I really want to say that it's written into his contract that he owns his tapes. He didn't want to make the same mistake he made with K-Rock.

4. geosync

geosync Well-Known Member

Maybe, but maybe he cut a deal for sirius to re-run the show for it's life span. Also, maybe he cut a deal for that money to be paid out yearly to the show staff that will be unable to gain weekly wages outside of maybe washing dishes.

5. scotchandcigar

scotchandcigar arrogant bastard

Do you guys think there's any interest in replaying old shows in perpetuity? The show is too topical for that. It's somewhere between The Daily Show with Jon Stewart (no syndication) and Seinfeld (infinite syndication).

6. hyson

hyson Forum Jerk

Remember the good old days of Wendy shitting in a bucket.

7. geosync

100 who knows, or cut it down to one channel. I'd just start from 1/9/06 and run it all in a row.

8. kryptonite

Heck, start it from the early 90s to get some of that Billy/Jackie era.

9. geosync

Wouldn't sirius have to pay for the pre sirius tape?? Or can howard just keep the channel his and run whatever he wants.

10. Bark

Bark Hey Now!

The settlement with CBS was that Stern owns his old tapes. While he is under contract with Sirius XM, only they have the license to air them. When Stern's contract expires, he can do whatever he wants with them, and he can license their broadcast anywhere.

The gray area is that this only applies to the terrestrial radio shows. I'm not sure what the satellite years are bound by, but I would assume that Stern made the same deal from the start, or negotiated it after winning the CBS settlement.