Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Earl Campbell

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Maurice Clarrett

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Ifandorbut

Oct 12, 2008
For me it was between Jim Brown and Barry Sanders. Both quit way before their time and both could have done sooooo much more. Only because Sanders could cut on a dime and was spectacular to watch, I'd give it to him.

Brown was dominant....tough call.

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
Barry Sanders was the best running back I ever saw. Heck, the best football player I ever saw. Dude averaged 5 yards a carry and he never had anybody spectacular with him on offense. I have trouble even remember who the Quarterbacks and Wide Receivers are that played with him.

blyons200

These pretzels are making me thirsty.
Oct 12, 2008
The BBQ Capital
Where's the Bus on that list? Actually he belongs on a list of the greats, but I wouldn't of picked him. It was tough between Payton and Sanders, but I had to go with Barry Sanders, the man was magical when he touched the ball.

TX WJ

Intelligent Donkey
Oct 15, 2008
Chucktown
Barry Sanders was the best running back I ever saw. Heck, the best football player I ever saw. Dude averaged 5 yards a carry and he never had anybody spectacular with him on offense. I have trouble even remember who the Quarterbacks and Wide Receivers are that played with him.

Best runner, yes. Best Running Back, no. Best Football player, no not even close.

TX WJ

Intelligent Donkey
Oct 15, 2008
Chucktown
My choice:

• Rushed for 106 TD's and 8,804 Yards in High School, 2nd most All Time
  • Named High School Player of the Year by USA Today and Parade Magazine
  • Inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame
  • First Player in the History of the NFL to have consecutive seasons with over 1,400 rushing yards
  • First player in NFL history with 11 consecutive 1,000 yard seasons
  • NFL Offensive Player of the Year
  • NFL Most Valuable Player
  • Leads all RB's im History with 164 Rushing TD's
  • His 175 TD's ranks him 2nd all time behind Jerry Rice's 207 TD's
  • Holds NFL Post Season Record with 19 TD's
  • Holds NFL Post Season Record with 9 consecutive games with a rushing touchdown
  • Holds NFL Post Season Record with 7 consecutive 100-yard rushing games
  • His 21,564 yards from the line of scrimmage makes him one of 4 men to pass the 21,000 yard mark
  • He and Jerry Rice are the only non kickers to have more than 1000 points scored
  • Has over 400 carreer receptions
  • 3 Super Bowl Rings
  • 8 Time Pro Bowl Selection
  • 4 Time All Pro Team Selection
  • NFL All Decade Team
  • Florida All Century Team
  • 78 times he rushed for 100 or more yards in a NFL game
  • 18,355 Rushing Yards Ranks #1 All Time
  • Super Bowl MVP

But he shouldn't be on the list?:rofl2:

Wow.

:loser:

TX WJ

Intelligent Donkey
Oct 15, 2008
Chucktown
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mQu54V42mo&feature=related]Best All Time[/ame]

Last edited:

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
Jerry Rice - 2nd place, lol.

Note I never said that Barry Sanders was the best player you ever saw or anyone else ever saw. The best player I ever saw. The guy did amazing things with the ball in his hands, put up outstanding numbers without much of a supporting cast, and would have retired with many more records had he not retired so early.

I have nothing against Emmitt... one of the all-time greats, no question.

Sirius Rich

Oct 11, 2008
Houston
oj-simpson-32-the-x-factor-3.jpg

What about this killer?
-------------------------------------

BTW, this is the best running back I have ever seen and there are plenty of busted up corners, LB and safeties that would agree:

texas.gif

TX WJ

Intelligent Donkey
Oct 15, 2008
Chucktown
Jerry Rice - 2nd place, lol.

Note I never said that Barry Sanders was the best player you ever saw or anyone else ever saw. The best player I ever saw. The guy did amazing things with the ball in his hands, put up outstanding numbers without much of a supporting cast, and would have retired with many more records had he not retired so early.

I have nothing against Emmitt... one of the all-time greats, no question.

He had Lomas Brown for many of those years. He also had Herman Moore, Chris Speilman, Kevin Glover. The Lions has some talent. A great player makes the people around them better.