Greatest Invention (To date anyway)

GordyMac

Jan 19, 2009
www.droidtvforum.com
I don't know how I survived so long without this invention.. I think I am going to order a few tonight !! LoL!!

dvdrewinderdevice.jpg

The DVD rewinder - DV Guru

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Invention: Toilet Paper
toiletpaper.jpg
Function: noun / TP, lavatory paper, toilet tissue, bathroom tissue Definition: A thin, soft, lightweight, sanitized paper used in bathrooms for personal cleanliness.Toilet paper, which differs in composition from facial tissue, is designed to deteriorate when wet in order to keep drain pipes clear.

Patent: 117,355 (US) issued July 25, 1871 Inventor: Seth Wheeler
wheeler.jpg
Criteria: First to patent. Modern prototype. Entrepreneur. Birth: May 18, 1838 in Chatham, New York Death: Date unknown

1391 Toilet paper first produced in China (for the Emperor's use). Each sheet 2' by 3'
1857 Joseph Gayetty sells first factory-made toilet paper These were loose, flat, sheets of paper
1871 Zeth Wheeler patents rolled and perforated wrapping paper
1872 John Kimberly, H. Babcock, Charles Clark, and F.Shattuck open Kimberly, Clark and Company
1874 Wheller created the Rolled Wrapping Paper Company, but the company couldn't turn a profit,
1877 Wheller reorganized into the Albany Perforated Wrapping Paper Company
1877 Albany Perforated Wrapping Paper Co. sells Perforated Toilet Paper ('The Standard') on a roll.
1879 Walter Alcock, of England introduced the perforated toilet roll
1879 Scott Paper Company sells the toilet paper on a roll, which led to the popular Waldorf brand
1885 Oliver Hewlett Hicks patents package of toilet paper.and the manufacturing process
1894 U.S. Supreme Court invalidate Hicks patents in favor of Seth Wheeler's 1871 patent.
1935 Northern Tissue advertises its toilet paper as "splinter-free"
1942 First two-ply toilet paper from St. Andrew's Paper Mill in England; paper becomes softer CAPs: Wheeler, Seth Wheeler, Joseph Gayetty, Walter Alcock, Oliver Hewlett Hicks, Edward Scott, Clarence Scott, Irwin Scott, John Kimberly, H. Babcock, Charles Clark, F.Shattuck, ARYs: toilet paper, TP, lavatory paper, toilet tissue, bathroom tissue, toilet roll, SIP, history, invention, stroy, facts, inventor, biography.

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
Is that a Ron Popeil product? He comes out with the best stuff!;)

The USB toaster comes from the Onion. They had a bunch of really good phony products with fully designed boxes. You could buy the empty boxes and then put real presents in there and give them to people. I really wanted to do this for a buddies wedding. give him a real gift but put it in a USB toaster box.

Hands down, in my opinion, the greatest invention is Air Conditioning. Think about it, in our own little small spaces, we are able to control the weather. Amazing.