Greatest comedy albums ever??

Ifandorbut

Oct 12, 2008
Before I was ten years of age I had memorized much of Bill Cosby's greatest hits, the one that starts off with his Noah monologue. I also have a soft spot for a Redd Foxx record my friend took from his father's record collection.

I think An Evening Wasted With Tom Lehrer is about as clever and funny and genius as songs can be, but he wasn't a stand up comedian. I also love every Python record.

I think Carlin is the way to go for stand up comedy records, he has so many great ones.

MAJ Badmotherfarker

is drinking a beer.
Oct 11, 2008
Washington D.C.
Before I was ten years of age I had memorized much of Bill Cosby's greatest hits, the one that starts off with his Noah monologue. I also have a soft spot for a Redd Foxx record my friend took from his father's record collection.

I think An Evening Wasted With Tom Lehrer is about as clever and funny and genius as songs can be, but he wasn't a stand up comedian. I also love every Python record.

I think Carlin is the way to go for stand up comedy records, he has so many great ones.

Bill Cosby's Noah was great... "ding"... "NOAH!".

ProperModulation

Green Type of Tube
Oct 11, 2008
California
when I was a kid I loved bill cosby's standup. In my teenage years I was way into San Kinison and Dice, with some old Cheech and Chong tapes thrown in for good measure. I don't think those Sam and Dice tapes hold up very well for me these days though. These days I would say that anything from Mitch Hedberg is a mandatory listen. I think that Carlin and Chris Rock have put out some pretty timeless albums as well. Both of their acts are basically some very sharp social commentary disguised as some funny as hell comedy.

MAJ Badmotherfarker

is drinking a beer.
Oct 11, 2008
Washington D.C.
when I was a kid I loved bill cosby's standup. In my teenage years I was way into San Kinison and Dice, with some old Cheech and Chong tapes thrown in for good measure. I don't think those Sam and Dice tapes hold up very well for me these days though. These days I would say that anything from Mitch Hedberg is a mandatory listen. I think that Carlin and Chris Rock have put out some pretty timeless albums as well. Both of their acts are basically some very sharp social commentary disguised as some funny as hell comedy.

Hedberg is amazing. You should check out Bill Hicks if you haven't.

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
1. Chris Rock: Bring the Pain

2. George Carlin: Jammin in New York, Doin It Again, You are all diseased.

I love the Carlin stuff from about 1990 and on. He just got older and angrier and funnier.

bsummers12

Oct 13, 2008
Portsmouth, Ohio
George Carlin - Occupation Foole (spelled with a final E just to piss them off)

George Carlin - Class Clown

I seen Carlin live when I lived in Denver. I never laughed so hard in my life.

xan_user

Banned
Dec 16, 2008
Nor-Cal

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Colorado
Denis Leary: No Cure for Cancer

Bill Cosby: Himself (The Dentist and Chocolate Cake for Breakfast is worth it by themselves).

blyons200

These pretzels are making me thirsty.
Oct 12, 2008
The BBQ Capital
No Cure for Cancer- Dennis Leary
They're All Gonna Laugh at You- Adam Sandler
Drunk In Public- Ron White- That story he tells at the end made me almost die laughing
Sam Kinison- Have You Seen Me Lately?
Andrew Dice Clay- Dice

I'm also of a big fan of Eddie Murphy's early stuff, Bill Hicks, Richard Pryor, Chris Rock, Cheech and Chong.

Casual Fan

Surprisingly nice
Oct 14, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Cosby's old stuff is great. Eddie Murphy's Raw. "Now that's a fire!"

Also, Jim Gaffigan, "Beyond the Pale," for the hot pocket bit.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkUbqmS9TWI]YouTube - Jim Gaffigan- Hot Pockets[/ame]