Great Week for Guests

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
What a great week for INteresting Guests. I know a lot of us are sort of in the camp that the show doesn't even need guests (i fall into that as well) but this week was a perfect example of how great the show can be when we get A listers or just really interesting people.

Ben Stiller (artie made this one), JEsse Venture, Jesse James, Bryce Dallas Howard and this is to follow up last week with Ron Howard.

Howard is on a rolls with these guests and I just wanted to be the first to say that this week, the show has been brilliant. The XM people really got a great week for a free preview.

Reactions: Ehilbert1

robhurlburt

Oct 15, 2008
The XM people really got a great week for a free preview.

It was a great week, but I have a feeling this is the onoly reason why it was great. Extra effort was put in this week

Either way it was good.

Ehilbert1

Ooh-Rah!!!!
Oct 13, 2008
Columbus, OH
I agree. It was a great week and the Ron Howard interview was good last week. Maybe this will get people to get that best of Sirius package. I was reading on Orbitcast and people were putting Howard and Sirius down for the whole free week thing. I don't get how it could be a bad thing? I think no matter what happens the Howard haters come out in force. Anyway I think it was a success.

ProperModulation

Green Type of Tube
Oct 11, 2008
California
I agree. It was a great week and the Ron Howard interview was good last week. Maybe this will get people to get that best of Sirius package. I was reading on Orbitcast and people were putting Howard and Sirius down for the whole free week thing. I don't get how it could be a bad thing? I think no matter what happens the Howard haters come out in force. Anyway I think it was a success.

That's how it always is. If Howard doesn't advertise it is because he is lazy. If he does any sort of advertisement then it is because he is desperate. The comments section on orbitcast is less than worthless.

Ehilbert1

Ooh-Rah!!!!
Oct 13, 2008
Columbus, OH
That's how it always is. If Howard doesn't advertise it is because he is lazy. If he does any sort of advertisement then it is because he is desperate. The comments section on orbitcast is less than worthless.

It seems to be mostly from O&A fans. I don't see how they can put Howard down and not their own guys? They lost 15 stations. Come on 15 stations. You can't spin that shit. Anyway its funny to see how people react. They say they don't care,but they comment on every Howard story there.

TheScionicMan

Last non-Hating Stern Fan
Oct 11, 2008
The guests have been great lately. I'm sure they worked a little harder since the XM thing was going on, but it seems like most of the guests were out to promote something and would have come in regardless. The Bryce Dallas Howard interview was a great follow-up to her dad's interview. It was funny that she was surprised that Howard knew about her naked play and the grandfather story... If she only knew it was not just Howard...

TheScionicMan

Oct 11, 2008

It seems to be mostly from O&A fans. I don't see how they can put Howard down and not their own guys? They lost 15 stations. Come on 15 stations. You can't spin that shit. Anyway its funny to see how people react. They say they don't care,but they comment on every Howard story there.

AwJeezNotThisShitAgain.jpg

:idunno:

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
I loved the guests with the exception of Howard going to far with Ron Howards Daughter. I think they just crossed the line a few times with her and it came off bad.

Really? I thought it was a great interview and she was a good spot about the whole thing. It also sounded like that actually held back on some of the vulgar stuff with callers too.
Maybe I missed something. I'll have to check out the replay this weekend.

beaniemac

Dec 12, 2008
Chi-Town (South Side)
It was a great week, but I have a feeling this is the onoly reason why it was great. Extra effort was put in this week

Either way it was good.

of course it was. they wanna sell more subs. how come they have never had a best of xm week tho? I mean 0.0 could use the help much more than howard.

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
Really? I thought it was a great interview and she was a good spot about the whole thing. It also sounded like that actually held back on some of the vulgar stuff with callers too.
Maybe I missed something. I'll have to check out the replay this weekend.

She was a good sport about it, just seems like Howard could have been a bit more respectful considering her father gave a great interview the week before.
Asking if she does anal and shaves her bush is great for most of the female guests he gets, but she is a woman with a lot of substance and he probably could have gotten just as interesting interview with other questions. But I know I'm in the minority on this.

TheScionicMan

Oct 11, 2008
To be fair, the anal question came from a caller and the bush question doesn't seem any more vulgar than actually showing the bush, at least not to me.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008

Isn't Orbitcast primarily an XM thing?

They're probably pissed that Howard is all over the XM site, and where are O&A on the Sirius site? :clueless: