Oct 13, 2008
Hey Now

Howard, uninterrupted.

This is the best show in a long time.

More Howard,Less Interruptions

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
It was a good show. I don't know how much Artie not being there had to do with it more the fact that Howard was refreshed after a break. Busting on Dick Clark was pretty good.

jamesp717

Oct 13, 2008
Hey Now

It was a good show. I don't know how much Artie not being there had to do with it more the fact that Howard was refreshed after a break. Busting on Dick Clark was pretty good.

IMO it was because artie wasn't there.

I have a 30 minute ride home and I caught the very beginning of the show, it was 30 minutes of Howard uninterrupted.

Not once did artie butt in and add his 2 cents and insignificant blather to break Howard's rhythm, and do you know why ?

Because he wasn't there.

Today was radio gold, IMO

beaniemac

Dec 12, 2008
Chi-Town (South Side)
ehhh, I felt today's show was weak. I wasn't interested in anything they were talking about today. and too much artie talk was boring me to death. artie's issues are really starting to turn the show into a one-trick pony.

Neigh

Oct 16, 2008
New Jersey
Howard is usually in very good form the first hour or two after a vacation. Otherwise, Howard needs an Artie to keep him somewhat honest and to fill in 5 hours, four days a week. True, Artie does a lot of ass kissing but not full time. And for some fans, myself included, Artie is a brilliantly witty guy. Those instantaneous quips and allusions he makes (the interruptions that some fans hate) evidence an amazing mind... to me.

Reactions: IronJabroni

IronJabroni

Oct 13, 2008
I like Artie too but I also like the show just fine without him...or Jokeman...or Billy...or whoever.

Bottom line, Howard will be missed in a couple of years.

jef

Power Pig, Hello!
Oct 12, 2008
I like how Artie just got out of "rehab" and thinks it's OK to have a drink with Benecio Del Toro. And then backpedals when everyone starts protesting. The guy still needs help. Lots of it.

edweird

Nov 18, 2008
Daytona Beach, FL
and he fires up a cig in the studio, and gets yelled at by everyone.

They should test his ass, and by that I mean run a test to see if any wheatgrass was ever up it.

dZilla

Oct 17, 2008
Cold North
I think his whole drinking was a bit....... I beleive Artie to a point, whether or not he's on drugs, meh.... But, what he said about being on a comedy program I agree with.......

Plus the way he was with the drink was like trying to 'fight' someone in a bar with your friends 'holding you back'..... and he knew he'd get 'held back'........

I'll wait for FINAL judgement when he refuses the drug test, and then doesn't go to rehab to pass judgement on Artie

Last edited:

jamesp717

Oct 13, 2008
Hey Now

I doubt this mook is clean or sober, sounds like he is on something. :no:

I cant wait to hear the excuses when they try to drug test him. :rofl2:

ProperModulation

Green Type of Tube
Oct 11, 2008
California
I've always been a big Artie fan, but i have to admit that the show was really great without him on Monday and Tuesday (haven't heard today's show yet). It was just Howard, Robin, Fred, and Gary for the most part. i hope he didnt fuck up the vibe with his return today.

jamesp717

Oct 13, 2008
Hey Now

I've always been a big Artie fan, but i have to admit that the show was really great without him on Monday and Tuesday (haven't heard today's show yet). It was just Howard, Robin, Fred, and Gary for the most part. i hope he didnt fuck up the vibe with his return today.

I thought he did, but I always think he fucks up the vibe.

Vols44

Oct 18, 2008
For those who can do without Artie consider he's travels on death highway daily. While I wish zero bad karma on the guy, his current lifestyle will seriously shorten his lifespan. Look at Artie as the jalapeno stems on your pizza.