Great show today-Monday August 10th

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
Today's show is everything I love about the STern Show.

No real guests, just Spyder Harrison riffing about radio, plenty of Howard talking about Radio, the Hall of Fame and then just riffing on everthing from nudity in movies to the Spider Man musical.

Today was/is hilarious and I'm glad they're back.

The vacation specials are lousy but the live shows are still great.

Neigh

Oct 16, 2008
New Jersey
I too love Howard and the gang just riffing about their vacations and about events that happened during their vacations. Sounds easy to do but for some reason no one one else on radio can come close (Imus comes across as a cranky asshole pontificating to a bunch of nervous laugh men)... However, I did think that the birthday greeting to Martha Stewart was forced shock jock shit that was unfriendly to her and just plain unfunny... Can you imagine Howard letting someone do something similar to him on his birthday? It reminded me of his Letterman appearances where he yells shocking stuff and of Artie's bit on the Joe Buck Show and of Lisa Lampanelli reading roasts she would have done had she been invited.

Wayne Edwards

Oct 13, 2008
My post history shows I'm no hater but c'mon! I am shocked that anybody found that "hello" bit funny. Awful, just awful.

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
They should now have accumulated two years of replays regarding this.

OMG! A Vacation recap special for when they go on vacation would be mindblowing. I don't know if it would be origianl and hilarious or if it would just make us all angry.

kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Agreed! I had this on in the car this evening and was laughing out loud too. I love how he didn't know that it was inappropriate.

Obviously, you're talking about Howard's message to Martha, but that statement could also apply (in my opinion) to the stuff said to Sal today.

Sal is just so damn ignorant.