GPS unit - The Spotter (w/ Dale Jr's voice)

erock9174

Mar 17, 2009
saw this in the wall st journal today.
Even their writers are taking shots at Jr.

"Mired in 16th place in Nascar's Sprint Cup standings, Dale Earnhardt Jr. is trying out a new career. He's the directional voice on a new navigational device from Transplant GPS called the Spotter. Junior, as he is known, will use his down-home twang to tell drivers, "Hey, back'er down. You gotta turn around," or "Hang a right." Given Mr. Earnhardt's mistake-filled season, may we suggest the device also include such utterances as, "Woops, just missed our pit stop."

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
Writers, radio host, and just people in general are saying that Logano was put in too early....that "seat time" and experience are what's needed to make him better.

So how then does one explain Jr.?

Maybe Jr. needs more time in the Nationwide series?

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
make his pit sign just a giant STOP sign, like in Forrest Gump. Stop, Forrest, Stop!

That's awesome! At 'dega the whole crowd can count him down and then finish with a roaring "STOP!" And then belch glorious puffs of beer fumes in the air!

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
I know that this is probably a useless post on this board of Jr. haters but why aren't the same things being said about Biffle, Newman, Mark Martin, Vickers, Truex Jr., McMurray, and other drivers in the same situation? The guy is something like 67 points out of the chase with 19 races to go before the chase field is set in September. Heck, my calendar just changed to April just a week ago. You guys are too much!

foyt

Oct 23, 2008
South of Terre Haute
I know that this is probably a useless post on this board of Jr. haters but why aren't the same things being said about Biffle, Newman, Mark Martin, Vickers, Truex Jr., McMurray, and other drivers in the same situation? The guy is something like 67 points out of the chase with 19 races to go before the chase field is set in September. Heck, my calendar just changed to April just a week ago. You guys are too much!

Maybe because Biffle, Newman, Mark Martin, Vickers, Truex Jr., McMurray, and other "nations" aren't quite as vocal as Junior Nation.

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
Writers, radio host, and just people in general are saying that Logano was put in too early....that "seat time" and experience are what's needed to make him better.

So how then does one explain Jr.?

Maybe Jr. needs more time in the Nationwide series?

I just think his cage has been rattled since Daytona when he made that HUGE mistake and he hasn't really been the same since.
He'll shake it sooner or later. He's not championship material but I'd bet he gets 1 win this year.

riskybzns

Oct 11, 2008
land of confusion
saw this in the wall st journal today.
Even their writers are taking shots at Jr.

"Mired in 16th place in Nascar's Sprint Cup standings, Dale Earnhardt Jr. is trying out a new career. He's the directional voice on a new navigational device from Transplant GPS called the Spotter. Junior, as he is known, will use his down-home twang to tell drivers, "Hey, back'er down. You gotta turn around," or "Hang a right." Given Mr. Earnhardt's mistake-filled season, may we suggest the device also include such utterances as, "Woops, just missed our pit stop."

lol...great post, but where's the darn link to the article. lol