Got to love their billing!!!

riskybzns

Oct 11, 2008
land of confusion
Called in Thursday night to add an internet sub and paid 14.50 for the year on my bank card, but had a balance of 87.31 on my account since I just renewed for another year on my radio. The rep asked about the 87.31 balance and I told her I didn't want the 87.31 charged to my bank card on file, and that I would pay it with another card next week. I look at my bank statement and she flippin charged the 87.31 to the card! Called back yesterday night and the rep said she was going to refund the 87.31 back to my account. Checked my bank statement....again, and 87.31 was taken out of my bank account.....again!!! Even though I know it takes 2-5 days for a refund to go back on my account, my bank account physically shows they have taken out 174.62.

:mad: :rolleyes:

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
I had a similar issue about a year ago, my Stiletto 2 was giving me problems. So I just wanted to subscribe to the internet feed only. So next month came and I saw on my monthly statement, Sirius charged me double the subscription for having two radios. I call them up chew them out, I told them I am only using one radio and cancel the other one and plus I wanted a refund back. But what I have learned from some people here, if you threaten to cancel they might give you couple months free. So basically they gave me a double refund and three months free and now I only subscribe to the internet radio feed.

riskybzns

Oct 11, 2008
land of confusion
I didn't threaten to cancel, but did tell the rep I would like to be compensated for the 2 hours I have wasted trying to straighten up this matter. In return, he gave me 2 months.

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
That can work too, I know I typed threatening and that a strong word. But I was pissed off when they did that to me. They basically had two options either refunded my money or I wanted my service canceled and the CS Rep said they didn't want to lose me as a subscriber. So they gave me 3 months free with a double refund, I couldn't complain anymore their.

riskybzns

Oct 11, 2008
land of confusion
Its almost been a week since I dealt with them about this issue and my money is still not back on my card. One supervisor told me she was going to cut me a company check and it would take 4-6 weeks before I received it. I swear, if it takes that long before I see my money back on my bank account, there will be some kind of hell to pay!!!!

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
Dang 4-6 weeks, they screwed you bad. When I finally got my refund it took probably 3-4 business days. I would probably call them up, complain some more and demand my money back!

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
That good, but still good luck with them! Also does your bank have a feature to freeze certain transactions if a company tries to take more money out of your account again? If so, maybe put a freeze on SiriusXM, so they can't do any further transactions until you get your refund back?

riskybzns

Oct 11, 2008
land of confusion
I'm not sure about that, but I have already taken my card # off file. Even did a screen capture just to prove that it should no longer be in their system.

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
or that can work, but sometimes companies can be tricky. You might remove something off their site, but there still there somehow. Like I had an issue with a certain credit card company which I don't deal with anymore. I removed my old number and gave them a fake number, so they can stop calling me and harassing me! I use to check once in a while if the fake number is still there and it was, until about a month later I got a phone call from them and I checked their site and somehow my old number magically appeared back on there site.

riskybzns

Oct 11, 2008
land of confusion
Update!

Got a check in the mail from them yesterday, and today, finally got my refund back on the card after almost most a 2 week wait.

Now here is the dilemma, not cash the check or cash the check and put that money back into Sirius. :idunno:

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
Update!

Got a check in the mail from them yesterday, and today, finally got my refund back on the card after almost most a 2 week wait.

Now here is the dilemma, not cash the check or cash the check and put that money back into Sirius. :idunno:

Congrats on finally getting your money back, now for the check. Screw Sirius they screwed you cash the check.

Mike Nassour

Oct 28, 2008
As much as I loathe Sirius' absurd billing practices, cashing the check and keeping the payment is fraud. You know you are entitled to only one payment. Sirius will be within its rights to charge your card once they know the check is cashed...and probably will. No, it doesn't matter that you've taken it off their books, they still have the info, and will be able to do so unless you immediately close that card.

Is it worth being accused of fraud or worse...having a black mark on your credit score...over less than $100?

Reactions: Aaron